Publication in anesthesia journal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pablo94

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if having any publications impact the likelihood of matching into an anesthesia fellowship? Does it have to be related to the specific fellowship for it have any merit (for example a publication in pediatric anesthesia but applying for cardiac ?). Does it matter where it is published, if so what journals are best ?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering if having any publications impact the likelihood of matching into an anesthesia fellowship? Does it have to be related to the specific fellowship for it have any merit (for example a publication in pediatric anesthesia but applying for cardiac ?). Does it matter where it is published, if so what journals are best ?

Thank you

Are you at an academic program that can advise you?
Unless you want pain…. Even with pain, you may not “need” to publish anything.

Thank you
Sure, it’ll help your overall package - but it’s not expected. Of course it’s better if it’s directly related…. And what journals are “best” is sort of obvious? You certainly/probably have a mentor or senior author working with you that would know.

Reactions: 1 user
A first author publication in Nature is pretty good.

I hear the British Journal of Anesthesia is a rag these days that will publish all manner of garbage, so I don't know if I'd want that on my CV.

:)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users