publications in press?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sartre

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to enter an in-press publication into my AMCAS application, but the "publications" activity category requires you to enter a publication date. My paper will be published in January 2007, which isn't an option in the drop-down menu.

Is anyone else having this problem? Is there an "in-press" option that I'm missing? I don't know how else to enter this publication.

Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry, I know it's an annoying question, but I'm trying to submit this weekend and I can't find an answer. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks!

Sartre said:
I'm trying to enter an in-press publication into my AMCAS application, but the "publications" activity category requires you to enter a publication date. My paper will be published in January 2007, which isn't an option in the drop-down menu.

Is anyone else having this problem? Is there an "in-press" option that I'm missing? I don't know how else to enter this publication.

Thanks for your help!

I had a similar issue with my application because of on-going research. What I did was enter it simply under research and for the end date I clicked to present. In the explanations area I explained the situation and when the paper was going to be published.

Members don't see this ad :)
BioMedEngineer said:
I had a similar issue with my application because of on-going research. What I did was enter it simply under research and for the end date I clicked to present. In the explanations area I explained the situation and when the paper was going to be published.

Thanks for your suggestion. So you think I should just enter it as research, and then explain that the paper is in press (with a publication date included)?

Thanks again!

I am a second year med student and was in the same position you are now.

I had four publications, one of which was in press, so I simply put these entries under one publication heading. I listed the full citation in the box. For date, I simply put the date of my first pub.

In your case, I would simply put the date it was accepted for print. Fill out the full citation in the space provided and make sure it says "in press".

Excellent job for getting a paper before MS!!

IUSM said:
I am a second year med student and was in the same position you are now.

I had four publications, one of which was in press, so I simply put these entries under one publication heading. I listed gave the full citation in the box. For date, I simply put the date of my first pub.

In your case, I would simply put the date it was accepted for print. Fill out the full citation in the space provided and make sure it says "in press".

Excellent job for getting a paper before MS!!

Thanks so much, IUSM! So you think it's acceptable to put the acceptance date in the "publication date" box (if I explain in the provided space)? The paper is for a special issue of a journal, so it was accepted back in May. I just don't want to be misleading...

Thanks again for your help!