published vs accepted publication on ERAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Trisphorin

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
do they make a difference in the eyes of PD?

I recently submitted a pub for a major journal, and it doesn't look like it will be published before the app is due based on the avg turnaround time these days. If its accepted for publication, will there be an option on ERAS to separat it from manuscript that is only submitted.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I recently submitted a pub for a major journal, and it doesn't look like it will be published before the app is due based on the avg turnaround time these days. If its accepted for publication, will there be an option on ERAS to separat it from manuscript that is only submitted.

Thanks

Nope

Members don't see this ad :)
No as in there will be no difference or there won't be an option on ERAS to seprate them? Thanks

Last I checked no way to separate I think. It doesn’t mean a lot if something is submitted if it hasn’t been accepted

I think we can separate it. There 2 major options in ERAS form: 1) peer reviewed journal articles and 2) peer reviewed journal articles other than published. For the later option, there are following options in their drop down menu: 1) submitted, provisionally accepted 3) accepted 4) in press

I think we can separate it. There 2 major options in ERAS form: 1) peer reviewed journal articles and 2) peer reviewed journal articles other than published. For the later option, there are following options in their drop down menu: 1) submitted, provisionally accepted 3) accepted 4) in press

Great, that's what I was looking for.

Thanks
You have to show something in that section. If you don’t, you might not get interviews because almost everybody has something to show. If you do get interviews, you’re probably not going to match because there are too many people with posters, abstracts and papers applying to cardiology. When I review that section on ERAS, I pass right by the file if it is blank. In preparation or submitted is absolutely fine but you must be prepared to talk about it at interview.