wellwell

10+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2007
Status
Non-Student
Which would you recommend in a pharmacists' capacity? Would you say the same for an intern or tech capacity? Both seem relatively comparable, so which would you give the edge to?

pinkdog

10+ Year Member
Aug 19, 2007
Status
Pharmacist
I work at Target as in intern and I love it! My store does about 600-700 scripts per week and there is usually 1 intern/tech with 1 pharmacist at a time. Also, I get $3000 /year for tuition reimbursement. There is also a 10% discount on EVERYTHING.

As for Publix, I've never heard of it.

About the Ads

wellwell

10+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2007
Status
Non-Student
More than likely it depends on the area you live in.

But, I would pick Target slightly over Publix.

Btw, Publix is a grocery store and my personal fav.
Would you mind sharing why you'd give the edge to Target? Thanks, I appreciate it!

J ROD

Watch my TAN walk!!
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2005
working on my tan......
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Would you mind sharing why you'd give the edge to Target? Thanks, I appreciate it!
I have no firsthand knowledge of either since I have not worked at either one. I am basing my comments on the experiences I have heard from my fellow pharm students that do work there.

All of them like Target and one of my best friends did a 4th year rotation with them and he said it was good. Publix gets good marks too but some are not that high on it.

Plus, I think working in a store like Target is more professional to me than working in a grocery store like I did when I was 16.

GodsSon2011

10+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2008
Status
Pharmacist
i work at publix and i have did my IPPE at target..i mean only difference is that 10% discount at target...punk publix give you nothing.......

67echo

Hooah!
10+ Year Member
i work at publix and i have did my IPPE at target..i mean only difference is that 10% discount at target...punk publix give you nothing.......
you forget that publix also gives you a crap load of stock! before I quit a few months ago, it was about every 600 dollars I earned, they gave me 1 share. Of course, you got to be vested in order to get it but it's not hard to vest at publix.

About the Ads