Publix or Target?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wellwell

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which would you recommend in a pharmacists' capacity? Would you say the same for an intern or tech capacity? Both seem relatively comparable, so which would you give the edge to?

Members don't see this ad.

I work at Target as in intern and I love it! My store does about 600-700 scripts per week and there is usually 1 intern/tech with 1 pharmacist at a time. Also, I get $3000 /year for tuition reimbursement. There is also a 10% discount on EVERYTHING.

As for Publix, I've never heard of it.

Members don't see this ad :)
More than likely it depends on the area you live in.

But, I would pick Target slightly over Publix.

Btw, Publix is a grocery store and my personal fav.
Would you mind sharing why you'd give the edge to Target? Thanks, I appreciate it!

Would you mind sharing why you'd give the edge to Target? Thanks, I appreciate it!

I have no firsthand knowledge of either since I have not worked at either one. I am basing my comments on the experiences I have heard from my fellow pharm students that do work there.

All of them like Target and one of my best friends did a 4th year rotation with them and he said it was good. Publix gets good marks too but some are not that high on it.

Plus, I think working in a store like Target is more professional to me than working in a grocery store like I did when I was 16.

Plus, I think working in a store like Target is more professional to me than working in a grocery store like I did when I was 16.

looks like you have an awful lot to learn about professionalism in pharmacy school...its like saying pharmacists are more competent at walgreens because they have been around since 1915

i work at publix and i have did my IPPE at target..i mean only difference is that 10% discount at target...punk publix give you nothing.......

i work at publix and i have did my IPPE at target..i mean only difference is that 10% discount at target...punk publix give you nothing.......
you forget that publix also gives you a crap load of stock! before I quit a few months ago, it was about every 600 dollars I earned, they gave me 1 share. Of course, you got to be vested in order to get it but it's not hard to vest at publix.