Pubs and Posters on Secondaries

Started by lazy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lazy

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So some schools have asked for a list of presentations and publications on their secondaries. If I have given 2 poster presentations, but the contents of both were later published, should I bother citing the poster presentations?
 
So some schools have asked for a list of presentations and publications on their secondaries. If I have given 2 poster presentations, but the contents of both were later published, should I bother citing the poster presentations?

i definitely would.
 
I do it on my CV, so why not do it on your application? If you submitted an abstract to a national or international meeting that was accepted, then made a poster and went to the conference and presented that poster, adcoms should definitely know about it.

I'm not sure if there's any value in listing non-first author posters or posters presented at undergrad or local conferences. Whether to list those is more a matter of opinion.