PUCO Interview/Writing Sample

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stirling

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview with Pacific this weekend. I was wondering what the interviews are like and what the writing sample entails?

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview with Pacific this weekend. I was wondering what the interviews are like and what the writing sample entails?

I saw this a little too late! how did the writing sample/interview go? I have an interview next month!

I saw this a little too late! how did the writing sample/interview go? I have an interview next month!

Hi sdeye, how did your interview go?

Was there a writing sample, if so what kind of prompts did they have(generic scenarios, optometry related topics)?

From what I saw, I thought it was only an individual interview with 2 members of the admission committee? What else did you do that day?

Thanks and good luck to you! hope you get your acceptances!! =]

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a bit confused about scheduling my interview with PUCO. I registered for the account as they asked, but I can't find a way to schedule an interview.

I have an interview at Pacific coming up does anyone have any tips or information on the interview and writing sample?

I interviewed with Pacific last month and it was really casual! The writing prompt is really straightforward and open ended, so there is no wrong answer. You will be given two prompts and be asked to write about one. The interview is with one faculty and one student, but there is no stress factor since it is a closed interview, so both of them are just trying to get to know your personality. As long as you are enthusiastic about the profession and genuine, the interview should go really well. Hope this helps!