Puerto Rican Medical Schools

Started by trovadora
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

trovadora

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, this is my first post, so help me out here please. I am interested in finding out the USMLE passing rate for Ponce School of Medicine and/or Recinto de Ciencias Medicas and/or Universidad Central del Caribe. Also, I have heard that in Ponce, for example, all of the text books are in English (of course) but ALL courses are taught in Spanish. Does anyone know about what percentage of the classes are taught in Spanish? I find that for Spanish instruction can be advantageous, since being bilingual is becoming almost a demand. But will this put students at a disadvantage when taking the USMLE, since it is in English? 🙂 Hope to receive lots of posts 👍