You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Puerto Rico Dental Class of 2030 Interview/Acceptance Thread
Started by Ryxndek
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
nicoledmd25
Full Member
OMG that's awesome! I told you!!! Congrats! Sure, I'll look up for you!!!! 😀They called and said I should complete my portfolio then email them to set up a date for an interview yayy!!! I’d love to ask you a few questions if you don’t mind, Nicole. My insta is _13jessica if you could text me that would be great!!!
nicoledmd25
Full Member
Congrats for the interview at PHSU! I got rejected from that one! 🙁 I'd say go for it!!! Send them a revision letter! I was rejected from UAGM because they stated I had less than 2.50 GPA in sciences, but UPR said I had 3.50 🤔 UAGM doesn't calculate GPA fairly or accurately. I submitted a revision letter to UAGM so they could evaluate my GPA differently, but a week later I got a response saying they were going to stick to the initial evaluation, so I was immediately rejected. But try doing it for UPR and explain your situation, you never know!Hey y'all, I know I'm late to this thread, but I applied this year to PHSU (just interviewed, I'm so happy!) and UPR, and got rejected from UPR because I didn't have the courses I needed. I don't know why I thought that they changed their system to not allow any AP credits from high school. Like they said they rejected me because I didn't meet the prerequisites. I remember in their email they also said that I needed to get the prereqs before December, which I couldn't do, but I saw someone in this thread that is taking classes that they'll finish in May. I also went online and saw their most recent pdf of requirements, and it says that they do accept AP credits. Which means, I could just take the CLEP exams I was always planning on taking anyway?? My grandma is insistent that I call and talk to them, but I feel like since I was rejected a few months ago theres no point... What do you guys think? I have strong ties to PR, fluent in Spanish, 3.8 GPA and 19 AA DAT.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Elmo Home Brown
Full Member
I do not understand how you got rejected from Ponce and uagm, and still got interviewed at UPR. What are your stats including EC? You have a master?Congrats for the interview at PHSU! I got rejected from that one! 🙁 I'd say go for it!!! Send them a revision letter! I was rejected from UAGM because they stated I had less than 2.50 GPA in sciences, but UPR said I had 3.50 🤔 UAGM doesn't calculate GPA fairly or accurately. I submitted a revision letter to UAGM so they could evaluate my GPA differently, but a week later I got a response saying they were going to stick to the initial evaluation, so I was immediately rejected. But try doing it for UPR and explain your situation, you never know!
nicoledmd25
Full Member
UAGM and PHSU use the GPA calculated through AADSAS, which has every single grade that you have obtained in every degree you have. This means they count every single withdrawal and bad grades you have obtained, even if you repeated the course. Using myself as an example, I took O-chem 3 times. The first 2 times I got a D and a C, respectively. This last time I re-took it, I got an A, which should be an improvement on my GPA; but instead, AADSAS will still take into consideration my D and my C, ultimately avoiding my GPA to go up even with the A I got in my third attempt. UPR only calculates your best grade on their specific requirements, so given that I retook some courses and got A's and B's, that is what UPR will use for my GPA, not the previous attempts and worst grades. They don't use the AADSAS GPA, they do their calculations by hand. This was explained to me when I went last year personally to the admissions committee for a review of my application when I got denied. I submitted a reconsideration letter to UAGM for my GPA to be recalculated, but they denied it, and told me they were sticking to the AADSAS GPA. Same with PHSU. They will still use the AADSAS GPA. Per AADSAS, my GPA was around 2.70, but of course, that's including all my previous bad grades. Per UPR on my last year's application, my GPA was 3.50 ish, so to me it makes sense the way they calculate GPA's. I think it's fair that if I'm repeating a course, it should help with my GPA and be counted as my highest grade, not add it to previous D's and C's, which in turn will lower your GPA.I do not understand how you got rejected from Ponce and uagm, and still got interviewed at UPR. What are your stats including EC? You have a master?
Elmo Home Brown
Full Member
And your dat and EC? You have a masters?UAGM and PHSU use the GPA calculated through AADSAS, which has every single grade that you have obtained in every degree you have. This means they count every single withdrawal and bad grades you have obtained, even if you repeated the course. Using myself as an example, I took O-chem 3 times. The first 2 times I got a D and a C, respectively. This last time I re-took it, I got an A, which should be an improvement on my GPA; but instead, AADSAS will still take into consideration my D and my C, ultimately avoiding my GPA to go up even with the A I got in my third attempt. UPR only calculates your best grade on their specific requirements, so given that I retook some courses and got A's and B's, that is what UPR will use for my GPA, not the previous attempts and worst grades. They don't use the AADSAS GPA, they do their calculations by hand. This was explained to me when I went last year personally to the admissions committee for a review of my application when I got denied. I submitted a reconsideration letter to UAGM for my GPA to be recalculated, but they denied it, and told me they were sticking to the AADSAS GPA. Same with PHSU. They will still use the AADSAS GPA. Per AADSAS, my GPA was around 2.70, but of course, that's including all my previous bad grades. Per UPR on my last year's application, my GPA was 3.50 ish, so to me it makes sense the way they calculate GPA's. I think it's fair that if I'm repeating a course, it should help with my GPA and be counted as my highest grade, not add it to previous D's and C's, which in turn will lower your GPA.
nicoledmd25
Full Member
I have a masters in Sports Injury and Rehab. My DAT was 370 AA/410 RC/420 PAT. I have way too many extracurriculars 🙂 I have volunteer work outside the US, work experience in the dental field, shadowing, research paper, etc. I was also a DA for the license exam of dental students in PR (CITA) for 2 consecutive years and served as a leader at one point for pre-dental students in UPR for dental materials and instrumentation. I believe all of this also helped. DAT is not crazy high, but UPR's minimum requirement for DAT this year was 360 in AA/RC/PAT. They were only considering these 3 sections this year.And your dat and EC? You have a masters?
Elmo Home Brown
Full Member
Well it looks very solid!!!!
nicoledmd25
Full Member
I read yours on a previous post. You have good stats as well!!! Have you checked on UAGM? Have they sent invites yet?Well it looks very solid!!!!
Elmo Home Brown
Full Member
Call wouldn’t hurt. I’m in the same situation. Withdrew my app. However I will not pursue this year. Still on the race for Ponce and UAGMHey y'all, I know I'm late to this thread, but I applied this year to PHSU (just interviewed, I'm so happy!) and UPR, and got rejected from UPR because I didn't have the courses I needed. I don't know why I thought that they changed their system to not allow any AP credits from high school. Like they said they rejected me because I didn't meet the prerequisites. I remember in their email they also said that I needed to get the prereqs before December, which I couldn't do, but I saw someone in this thread that is taking classes that they'll finish in May. I also went online and saw their most recent pdf of requirements, and it says that they do accept AP credits. Which means, I could just take the CLEP exams I was always planning on taking anyway?? My grandma is insistent that I call and talk to them, but I feel like since I was rejected a few months ago theres no point... What do you guys think? I have strong ties to PR, fluent in Spanish, 3.8 GPA and 19 AA DAT.
Nooo, don't get discouraged! This has been my only interview so far. I also got rejected from all other schools I applied to. They are probably running interviews until late Feb/March. The very first time I applied to this school they called me in February, and my interview was early March! In last year's forum for this school, someone got the interview call in March, he got interviewed and was still accepted. No waitlist. He got in right away. They are still in the process. Not all interviews are in January. But yes, always be prepared if it doesn't happen. I'm also thinking about my next step already if it doesn't happen this year 🙂
Nooo, don't get discouraged! This has been my only interview so far. I also got rejected from all other schools I applied to. They are probably running interviews until late Feb/March. The very first time I applied to this school they called me in February, and my interview was early March! In last year's forum for this school, someone got the interview call in March, he got interviewed and was still accepted. No waitlist. He got in right away. They are still in the process. Not all interviews are in January. But yes, always be prepared if it doesn't happen. I'm also thinking about my next step already if it doesn't happen this year 🙂
Hello! Just got invited for interview at UAGM, is that the school you’re referring to here?Hi, everyone! I had my interview today 😃 I flew all the way to PR from FL yesterday. I had a GREAT interview! They made me feel at ease, and I actually laughed a lot! Pretty easy going, and questions are super easy to answer (I got a lot of ‘real-life scenarios questions and what would I do’ type of questions). They really just want to know you outside of your GPA and DAT scores. For anyone waiting on an interview or have one scheduled, don’t be nervous! Interviews in this school are super chill, you will be fine 😁😁
Good luck to everyone!!!! 🙏🏻
Elmo Home Brown
Full Member
When did you get the invite?Hello! Just got invited for interview at UAGM, is that the school you’re referring to here?
yesterday at 8pmWhen did you get the invite?
Elmo Home Brown
Full Member
Are you in state or out of state?
nicoledmd25
Full Member
Hey! Congrats! No, my interview was with the UPR dental school 🙂Hello! Just got invited for interview at UAGM, is that the school you’re referring to here?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those of you who have already been invited for an interview at PHSU or UAGM, when did you submit your AADSAS and secondary applications?
I interviewed with UPR mid December, but I haven’t received any other interview invitations yet, and I’m starting to feel a little anxious.
I interviewed with UPR mid December, but I haven’t received any other interview invitations yet, and I’m starting to feel a little anxious.
studentdmd26
Full Member
What were your stats? If you don’t mind🥲yesterday at 8pm
nicoledmd25
Full Member
I haven't received anything either from any other school 🙁For those of you who have already been invited for an interview at PHSU or UAGM, when did you submit your AADSAS and secondary applications?
I interviewed with UPR mid December, but I haven’t received any other interview invitations yet, and I’m starting to feel a little anxious.
In state, born and raised in PRAre you in state or out of state?
What were your stats? If yo
My stats are not that high, but PR schools give priority to residents. Are you a resident? basic stats are 3.55 GPA, 370 AA, 390 SNS, 420 RC
nicoledmd25
Full Member
I haven’t seen one yet. Last year someone created one for UPR but it was for accepted applicants.I saw that someone created a GroupMe for UAGM 2030 applicants. Is there one for RCM as well?
Elmo Home Brown
Full Member
Mostly all of us
Here is the groupme link for those that have been accepted to PHSU DMD Class of 2030. Good luck to everyone 🫶🏻
Link: GroupMe - Join the group for PHSU DMD Class of 2030 🩵
Link: GroupMe - Join the group for PHSU DMD Class of 2030 🩵
nicoledmd25
Full Member
I have a friend that got accepted last year and she started July 2025, but because of the loan cap this year, maybe UPR begins earlier too.I heard that PHSU will start on June 15th due to the new loan limits. Has anyone heard anything about when the incoming class at UPR will start?
nicoledmd25
Full Member
To be honest, I’m not sure 😕 I got rejected from Ponce, but I believe they were still conducting interviews until very recently. Try calling the admissions office for an update. I’ve had to call several times in the past and they’ve always been very nice and courteous about it.Hey! I just found this thread but I was wondering if anyone has an idea of when they would send out more acceptances at Ponce? I had my interview mid December and I still haven’t heard back so I am freaking out a little bit 🙁
Nooo I’m so sorry to hear that 🙁(( but yeah I’ll give that a shot. Thank you.To be honest, I’m not sure 😕 I got rejected from Ponce, but I believe they were still conducting interviews until very recently. Try calling the admissions office for an update. I’ve had to call several times in the past and they’ve always been very nice and courteous about it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey! I’m in the same boat have you heard back yet ? I interviewed mid dec and submitted my apps late October.For those of you who have already been invited for an interview at PHSU or UAGM, when did you submit your AADSAS and secondary applications?
I interviewed with UPR mid December, but I haven’t received any other interview invitations yet, and I’m starting to feel a little anxious.
Elmo Home Brown
Full Member
I applied there oct/nov and supplemental in January, then interviewed 1 week ago. They did some acceptances on Dec/15 acceptance day. If you did your interview after that date it is likely you are with the rest of us that did it later waiting for a second batch of announcements. I went to their open house 2 weeks ago and they were saying the had 7 spaces left. I don’t know if those are confirmed acceptances because UPR have not sent theirs yet and UAGM is barely starting to interview now. Are you doing UAGM?Hey! I’m in the same boat have you heard back yet ? I interviewed mid dec and submitted my apps late October.
Last edited:
Hey! I received interview invitations from UPR and UAGM. However, this week I received a rejection email from PHSU. I knew they were almost full, so I wasn’t surprised when I got the email. They never sent me an interview invitation.Hey! I’m in the same boat have you heard back yet ? I interviewed mid dec and submitted my apps late October.
No I’m just banking on Ponce at this point. I interviewed very close to Dec 15th (dec 11th) so yeah I’m probably going to get a response with the second batch. You heard that number from administration though? I’m hoping for the best!I applied there oct/nov and supplemental in January, then interviewed 1 week ago. They did some acceptances on Dec/15 acceptance day. If you did your interview after that date it is likely you are with the rest of us that did it later waiting for a second batch of announcements. I went to their open house 2 weeks ago and they were saying the had 7 spaces left. I don’t know if those are confirmed acceptances because UPR have not sent theirs yet and UAGM is barely starting to interview now. Are you doing UAGM?
Elmo Home Brown
Full Member
A Dean.No I’m just banking on Ponce at this point. I interviewed very close to Dec 15th (dec 11th) so yeah I’m probably going to get a response with the second batch. You heard that number from administration though? I’m hoping for the best!
Sheesh! Welp, time will tell then haha. Goodluck!A Dean.
Elmo Home Brown
Full Member
However, I’m not clear if it meant the number of acceptances offered to date or the number of confirmed acceptances matriculating. I don’t even know how long applicants have to accept their offer. The other 2 schools are still in the air.
Last edited:
Creé un GroupMe para los que aplicaron para la Clase 2030 de UPR para poder hacer preguntas y compartir sus dudas en el grupo.
I created a GroupMe for the UPR Class of 2030 applicants so that everyone can ask and answer questions in the group.
I created a GroupMe for the UPR Class of 2030 applicants so that everyone can ask and answer questions in the group.
GroupMe - Join the group for UPR-RCM DMD Class of 2030
GroupMe - Join the group for UPR-RCM DMD Class of 2030
groupme.com
I believe March 1st is when schools are notified if candidates have multiple offers from other schools so I’m sure by then people will be pushed to make a decisionHowever, I’m not clear if it meant the number of acceptances offered to date or the number of confirmed acceptances matriculating. I don’t even know how long applicants have to accept their offer. The other 2 schools are still in the air.
Elmo Home Brown
Full Member
I don’t know because UAGM will still be doing interviews through MarchI believe March 1st is when schools are notified if candidates have multiple offers from other schools so I’m sure by then people will be pushed to make a decision
jessicapredent
New Member
Hi! I’ve never posted in this forum before, but I wanted to share my experience just in case it helps someone. I know how stressful it is to be eagerly waiting for acceptance news as this was my second cycle applying.
I was accepted into PHSU on December 15th, and I just found out today that I was also accepted into UPR. I’ll be turning down my spot in Ponce.
Wishing you all the best of luck — I know how hard the waiting can be!
I was accepted into PHSU on December 15th, and I just found out today that I was also accepted into UPR. I’ll be turning down my spot in Ponce.
Wishing you all the best of luck — I know how hard the waiting can be!
Congratulations!! I actually just received an email from Ponce saying I’m waitlisted haha, wishing you the best!Hi! I’ve never posted in this forum before, but I wanted to share my experience just in case it helps someone. I know how stressful it is to be eagerly waiting for acceptance news as this was my second cycle applying.
I was accepted into PHSU on December 15th, and I just found out today that I was also accepted into UPR. I’ll be turning down my spot in Ponce.
Wishing you all the best of luck — I know how hard the waiting can be!
nicoledmd25
Full Member
Congratulations!!!!! I’m anxiously waiting for my acceptance!!! 🙏🏻🙏🏻 Tomorrow or Tuesday, hopefully!Hi! I’ve never posted in this forum before, but I wanted to share my experience just in case it helps someone. I know how stressful it is to be eagerly waiting for acceptance news as this was my second cycle applying.
I was accepted into PHSU on December 15th, and I just found out today that I was also accepted into UPR. I’ll be turning down my spot in Ponce.
Wishing you all the best of luck — I know how hard the waiting can be!
Hello! I received an acceptance letter from UAGM yesterday.Hey guys! Has anyone heard anything about when they will send more acceptance or rejection letters?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Elmo Home Brown
Full Member
👍Hello! I received an acceptance letter from UAGM yesterday.
nicoledmd25
Full Member
Congratss!!! 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻Hello! I received an acceptance letter from UAGM yesterday.
nicoledmd25
Full Member
Hey, ya’ll!
I got rejected from UPR this year again. This was the last school I was waiting on, since I got rejected from all other schools I applied. I’m taking some time to process everything and figure out my next steps. I guess it’s good to also share the ‘not so good’ part about dental school applications. Congrats to all of you that got an acceptance into any dental school! I wish you all nothing but the best!!!! Go for it and remember to also have some fun while at it! 🙌🏻
Peace out! ✌🏻
I got rejected from UPR this year again. This was the last school I was waiting on, since I got rejected from all other schools I applied. I’m taking some time to process everything and figure out my next steps. I guess it’s good to also share the ‘not so good’ part about dental school applications. Congrats to all of you that got an acceptance into any dental school! I wish you all nothing but the best!!!! Go for it and remember to also have some fun while at it! 🙌🏻
Peace out! ✌🏻
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 6K