pulled tooth!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

messenger

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i just got my tooth pulled today...and starting to hurt alot right now:(

ive been taking advil, etc. but not working, some heat and ice....

what else can i do NOW until my check up tomorrow:( :thumbup:

help me.

Members don't see this ad.

I would start drinking through a straw!! afterwards, brush the area really hard and have some really really hot tea!!

I would start drinking through a straw!! afterwards, brush the area really hard and have some really really hot tea!!

This is some great advice, I know because I am going to be a dentist in 4 years.

Members don't see this ad :)

help me.

Well....it's probably only gonna get worse. Just wait til you can feel your pulse in the middle of the night.

You can load up the socket with baby anbosol...lol, although Im not sure if that would work all that well. I just know you can use it when babies are teething.

As far as I know, cold compress is the best at the beginning. I think heat would increase the inflammation which I would think is the cause of the pain.

Message one of the OMFS residents directly to see if there is any OTC remedy...otherwise get piss drunk tonight (i'm assuming you aren't on narcotic pain killers) and hope you pass out til the morning.

I don't think drinking through a straw is a good idea... you'll end up sucking out the blood clot and you'll get a dry socket. dry sockets are suppose to hurt like hell. Anyways, feel better messenger. :oops:

I don't think drinking through a straw is a good idea... you'll end up sucking out the blood clot and you'll get a dry socket. dry sockets are suppose to hurt like hell. Anyways, feel better messenger. :oops:

Jeanette... this is a joke.. it may have been given away by the "brush the area really hard"...

Jeanette... this is a joke.. it may have been given away by the "brush the area really hard"...

haha, oops. i didn't read that part. i just read the first part. :p :oops: :D

i have been working in an oral surg office for two years. Ice it today. Then no ice ever again, because it slows blood flow to the area and promotes infection. Skip 2 days, then use heat as much as you can stand. You can take up to 4 200mg tabs ibuprofen 4 times a day. If you have hydrocodone, take that instead, but only with food or you will get an upset stomach. You will want to get off the hydrocodone as fast as you can because it will constipate you with longterm use. Dont suck through a straw, and dont flush the area out for a few days a you may dislodge the clot. you can rinse with a weakened hydrogen peroxide solution 2 parts water, 1 part peroxide. Other than that, there is nothing you can do. And can you believe I did not get into dental school this year. I know everything there is to know about extractions, i bet i know more than most d4's.

help me.

sock a tea bag in warm water and put it on the spot where the extraction took place, softly bite down on it for about 20 minutes. i've heard from dentists that it works!!

can't believe some believe actually believe my sarcastic jokes!!!

I know everything there is to know about extractions, i bet i know more than most d4's.

Maybe the reason you didnt get in is because they didn't want to deal with your arrogance for 4 yrs....just a thought?...

im surprised this thread is still alive.

ibtl.gif

It sounds like you have dry socket (specially if you smoke or if it was a lower third molar). Best advice is to rinse with warm salt water 3-4 times a day and to stay off the area. The best over the counter medicine for that is ibuprofen up to 600mg every four hours. Just a suggestion. If it gets too bad, the doctor/OS who pulled the tooth can put dry socket paste (eugenol) in there and it will feel a lot better.

help me.

I'm going to have my wisdom "tooth" pulled in 2 weeks. I'm going to be a real man and bend copper wires with my teeth right after the extraction.

sock a tea bag in warm water and put it on the spot where the extraction took place, softly bite down on it for about 20 minutes. i've heard from dentists that it works!!

I could be wrong, but I thought that the tea bags are used to promote clotting because of the tannic acid in them, not for pain management. True?

Status
Not open for further replies.