Pulling Omnicare techs to stand alone CVS due to no staff

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCSF2021

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Omnicare techs can be pulled to work at a stand alone CVS. 4/6 of my techs have quit in a 1 month period and there is only 1 other cvs store in my area (within 30 miles). They are already sending some help but can I pull techs from the omnicare facility that is near by? If so what is the process, I have never spoken with them.

Members don't see this ad.

Coming from an area with tons of understaffed CVS as well as an Omnicare, this is something I have never heard of. Not sure if it's even a possibility despite both being owned by the same company. And honestly, I don't know what technician would want to come from Omnicare to retail CVS for extra shifts.

who wants to be a tech that makes barely above minimum wage??

Members don't see this ad :)
I do not think that you can just pull them against their will. Most would not want to go from LTC to retail. Why would they? It's like pulling technicians from the pharmacy to go cashier upfront for the store and go deal with coupons and the photo booth.
You could call the local technician schools and put the word out there that you are looking for technicians.

That's hilarious you think Omnicare has extra staff to send your way. Since being bought out, we have been subjected to hour cuts and staff layoffs too, you know. I do tech work half my day because there is no one scheduled.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Why would a tech from Omnicare even know how to use RxConnect? Many of them have never worked retail before.

In my experience no one wants to work for CVS in general, so I doubt they have extra people to send you. When I left a year ago we were under strict instructions not to hire new techs but rather cherry pick from the front store. I was told to trial out cashiers and it I liked one I had to send them to training..

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Who the hell do you think you are to pull away other people's staff? Lmao

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if Omnicare techs can be pulled to work at a stand alone CVS. 4/6 of my techs have quit in a 1 month period and there is only 1 other cvs store in my area (within 30 miles). They are already sending some help but can I pull techs from the omnicare facility that is near by? If so what is the process, I have never spoken with them.

Lol no.

Seconded. They probably wouldn't last a day in CVS

The picture I have in my mind goes something like this. There is a line 5 deep at the register. The drivethru line goes further than the camera can see. There are at least 2 pharmacy calls. The "Omnicare" tech is either checking FB on their phone or standing next to another tech talking about their plans for after work. You ask that person to help with the line at pickup and they immediately break down into tears and are even more useless than usual the rest of the day. Possibly they report you to HR for being mean.

Reactions: 5 users
If anything, untrained help (while questionably somewhat helpful in the short run, i.e. checkout) will usually indirectly create more work due to lack of follow-up/incompleteness (simple things like not scanning Rx & letting patient walk out with..., RTS - not scanning MFR pkg, & my favorite...creating an absolute cluster-**** of a mess because they don't know where anything goes or can't even do simple stuff like sort go-backs by location - just toss all their issues in a basket & hide it for someone else to do...><).

Goes without saying, the multitasking skills generally suck...i.e. someone asks to undo readyfill status, tech/PSA will just nod head, "ok" & proceed to do nothing in the computer system (magically thinking someone else heard them & immediately completed remembering all the patient identifiers and details, etc.). No, God did not undo readyfill for patient X...

Reactions: 1 users