Pumped!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnDO

MS III
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who else is pumped--and also scared to death--about applying this cycle!! :eek: :clap: I've been looking forward to this for years now!

Here's to good MCAT scores, great interviews, and a whole lot of luck for the future Osteopaths of America!!

Members don't see this ad.

GO GUYS and GALS!!!!!

DrDad

JohnDO said:
Who else is pumped--and also scared to death--about applying this cycle!! :eek: :clap: I've been looking forward to this for years now!

Here's to good MCAT scores, great interviews, and a whole lot of luck for the future Osteopaths of America!!

What a great ATTITUDE!!! I am freaked out, but will try and remember this post, Hey there's alwasys NEXT YEAR!!! : :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm totally pumped.. but a bit scared..

I haven't even decided where all I want to apply yet.

Good luck to everyone that's taking the MCAT this Saturday! I'll be sitting this one out until August.

*sending smart/recall vibes*

Andrea

I'm excited and terrified at the same time. I'm taking the MCAT in two days, and not exactly comfortable with much of the material. The application cycle scares me...I just hope I only have to do it once and that it all works out, though I'm sure the next year is going to be extremely stressful. Good luck everyone!

I'm scared to death :(

Good luck to all you saturday mcat'ers

Apply to twice as many schools as you think you should have. I got into several that I was underqualified for, just because I applied to so many.

As for the MCAT----look over your physics equations this week, but don't spend too much time studying. Don't look at anything the night before---do something fun--but go to bed early (it will be difficult to get to sleep.) Spend all your time on the test---don't finish early. It's better to spend time the first time getting it right then going back over the test and risking second-guessing yourself.

Good Luck! :clap:

:eek: Most assuredly, this has been a roller coaster experience. It's a good thing I enjoy roller coasters...

I'm definitely looking forward to it. I'm taking the test in August, so hopefully I will get in somewhere. However, if not then it's not such a huge deal. Just means I don't have to spend that year away from my fiancee after all. :D

I think I feel more pressure though knowing I only have one shot at the MCAT instead of two. Better make that one count.

I myself would not use the word pumped. I am graduating in May, already took the MCAT...changed my mind on MD for DO, and am now scrambling to figure out which schools I want to apply to and which states that I would be willing to live in. Also scrambling trying to figure out how to get a D.O. LOR because the ones in the area I live in are all in an ER that does NOT allow shadowing...AHHHHHH (and it has not even begun).

kaikai128 said:
I myself would not use the word pumped.

PUMPED full of stress? :( Good Luck, it'll work out! :idea:

gioia said:
PUMPED full of stress? :( Good Luck, it'll work out! :idea:

Lucky for me, I have found that I work best in high stress situations. I manage my best work in the shortest period of time when I am under a lot of stress. :)

I've been waiting to use that little guy: :luck:

Good luck to everyone applying this cycle. From my experience...my best advice is to STAY POSITIVE. I know how horrible the MCAT is and the applying process as well. However, don't let them get the best of you! Remain confident...stay calm...and convince yourself that you have done everything you can and give it your best shot. In terms of the application process...don't procrastinate! As soon as the application becomes available, do a little bit each day..especially if you are taking the August MCAT (which is what I did). To everyone who took the MCAT yesterday...enjoy all this new available time that you aren't used to!!! You did it!

:thumbup: Ashley