punctuation for quotes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lola7

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did the inevitable reading back of the primary as I'm pre-writing secondaries. I noticed that I made a few punctuation errors (3) throughout the W/A section where the period or comma was placed after the quotes. For example: ...to which he wrote "no".
Another example: One patient, "Joe", said ...

I found 2 in my second to last paragraph of my personal statement too. Would these be noticeable and affect me in a negative manner?

Members don't see this ad.

I doubt most people would notice stuff like that. Way less egregious than typos and stuff like that.

Reactions: 1 user
I did the inevitable reading back of the primary as I'm pre-writing secondaries. I noticed that I made a few punctuation errors (3) throughout the W/A section where the period or comma was placed after the quotes. For example: ...to which he wrote "no".
Another example: One patient, "Joe", said ...

I found 2 in my second to last paragraph of my personal statement too. Would these be noticeable and affect me in a negative manner?
I still put two spaces after a period by habit. Darn Oxford comma rules...

So you didn't run your essays through a grammar checker. Not an issue.

• Care
I still put two spaces after a period by habit. Darn Oxford comma rules...

So you didn't run your essays through a grammar checker. Not an issue.
LOL. I have learned from this though. Just signed up for Grammarly premium so it doesn't happen for the secondaries.