Purdue c/o 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cypress

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Couldn't find a thread that was just for Purdue this year so figured I would throw this out there for those applying to Purdue.

Recieved my official rejection letter today via snail mail.

This cycle stats

Resident Means
Overal GPA - 3.28
Core GPA - 3.14
GRE V - 476
GRE Q - 610
a/WA - 603
Total pool - 110

OOS Means
Overall GPA - 3.41
Core GPA - 3.28
GRE V - 498
GRE Q - 633
a/WA - 616
Total pool - 553

Good luck to those of you still in the running!

Members don't see this ad.

Oh boy.....I knew letters were supposed to be out soon. Nothing in my mail today, thanks for sharing. Sorry about your letter!!

Aw, I'm sorry! I'll bet mine will be here tomorrow...They rejected me last year, and while my GPA has gone up a bit, it wasn't that much of a difference. My GRE jumped up, but even then, not holding out much hope.
Maybe if I was IS they'd like me better.

What's a/WA and how do they get there? I've got a 5.5 on the writing, never heard of converting that to anything though.

Members don't see this ad :)
What's a/WA and how do they get there? I've got a 5.5 on the writing, never heard of converting that to anything though.

Yeah its the analytical writing score....they covert it to a 3 digit score some how. I got a 4.5 and they coverted it to 658, if that helps.

I bet it has something to do with your percentile. Anyways Cypress were you IS or OOS?

Nothing here either...maybe tomorrow

I bet it has something to do with your percentile. Anyways Cypress were you IS or OOS?

IS and I live really close to Purdue, my letter is dated 12/16 so it took no time for it to get here.

GRE scores were great but my GPA is just not strong enough I guess.

Being IS for Purdue doesn't help them like you any better trust me....haha i've been waitlisted two years in a row....and I went to Purdue. Actually being out of state is probably more helpful =)

Yeah they are tough, they figure your GPA out much differently than other schools have. I just wish they sent these letters out after finals week. Got my letter today and I still have 3 finals, Genetics tomorrow morning, Organic Sat morning, and Biochem Monday morning. Makes it much harder to study when you're bummed and even more necessary to get good grades when you were rejected for a less than average GPA....catch 22

Yeah they are tough, they figure your GPA out much differently than other schools have. I just wish they sent these letters out after finals week. Got my letter today and I still have 3 finals, Genetics tomorrow morning, Organic Sat morning, and Biochem Monday morning. Makes it much harder to study when you're bummed and even more necessary to get good grades when you were rejected for a less than average GPA....catch 22

I'm so sorry Cypress, but hang in there! I know it's super tough to concentrate when you're bummed, but it'll only make you feel worse later if you let it drag you down.

I had a huge midterm the day after I was rejected from this internship i really really wanted... where the rejection letter said they didn't consider anyone who didn't have a 4.0 :eek:. Needless to say, I was LIVID! I don't know anyone with a 4.0 in my major at my undergrad!!!

Go into those finals and rock them Cypress! Then you can be like f*** Purdue, they dunno what they're missing!!!

Well as expected I got my official Purdue rejection letter today! I'm honestly almost relieved. I applied as an OOS this year since I moved to Illinois over a year ago, and just applied on a whim. I'll be happy not to have to relive the disappointment for a 3rd year after all the waiting and interview stress.

PS. I live in central illinois if you are trying to figure out time frames for letters

is purdue also sending out interview invites now??

I got mine in the mail today, too. Poo.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, since it is the first school I've heard from, it kind if stings a little. I received my rejection today via snail mail. For those still trying to gauge when they may hear from the epicenter that is Lafayette, IN...I am in upstate New York. I wish everyone else the best of luck.

Take care, and remember why you wanted to be a vet in the first place...it will get you through any bad news that may come.

Got my rejection today too (i'm from North Florida). I'm starting to wonder if they have actually sent out any interviews? Seems like we have only been getting rejections...

I haven't heard anything or received anything yet from Purdue...same from Minnesota, so maybe they're just slow in their process of interviews. Already had the OSU interview and got an invite for Iowa State for January 8/9th. Anyone know when Minnesota and Purdue typically notify and/or have their interviews?

I haven't heard anything from Purdue either and now I'm out of town and won't be back until next semester! Last year they notified people about interviews mid-Jan and held the interviews mid-to-late Feb.

I got an interview invite from Purdue today via snail mail. It is for January 29th. They said they won't give us an actual interview time until that day.

I got an interview invite today as well. Mine is Jan 22. 7am call time. In state.

wow they must have shaken up the admissions timeline this year. The past two years the interviews have been in late feb and invites have gone out mid jan.

I'm out of state. Same thing though, 7am check-in and an admissions banquet Friday evening. They also said don't plan to leave campus before 9pm.

Does anyone know how many applicants Purdue typically interviews?

those of you oos who got ur interview invites already, where do you live?

Yayyy I got an interview for Jan 22!

Last edited:
Congrats on the interviews guys! I'm still waiting to hear from them. I was just looking at their website and saw that in-state tuition is only $8K. That's crazy low! Does anyone know if you can establish residency after your first year?

That's just the undergraduate degree that's $8,000. It's A LOT more for the veterinary school. I don't know off hand because I don't have my book with me, but I'm pretty sure it's closer to 30 IS and 45 IS. And as far as I know you CAN'T establish residency after a year. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(

That's just the undergraduate degree that's $8,000. It's A LOT more for the veterinary school. I don't know off hand because I don't have my book with me, but I'm pretty sure it's closer to 30 IS and 45 IS. And as far as I know you CAN'T establish residency after a year. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(

Oops. Yeah, you're right. I haven't even gotten an interview invite so eh.

Does anyone know how many OOS applicants get an interview? I am OOS and have an interview Jan. 29th....allll day long. yay.

I got mine today through snail mail. 7AM-9PM? Whaaat? :eek:

I haven't heard anything or received anything yet from Purdue...same from Minnesota, so maybe they're just slow in their process of interviews. Already had the OSU interview and got an invite for Iowa State for January 8/9th. Anyone know when Minnesota and Purdue typically notify and/or have their interviews?

Thread hijack but last year MN interview invites came out Jan 12 snail mail. Total D Day for me!!!

Hey, this might be strange, but is there anyone who is in the NC (or Sc, or Va) area that might want to carpool to Purdue for the 1/27 interview?

Does anyone know how many applicants Purdue interviews?

I dont know how many people they interview. I have an interview on the 22nd! Nervous! Eep!:(

Mine's the 22nd also!

Are you planning on bringing anyone to the banquet? My father really wants to attend but I'm not sure if he will feel like the odd man out.

yep. I'm bringing my boyfriend. I'm sure there's a lot of parents/siblings/spouses/etc. coming, so if your dad wants to come he won't be alone!

I'm just staying Thursday night and going to leave after the reception on Friday because my boyfriend lives in Bloomington, which is only 2 hours away. I'm staying at the University Plaza Hotel, which is $92 a night and they offer a shuttle to the vet school, which helps out a lot.

Hope that helps!

Hey, Boilermakers!

Let's get ready for the Big Ten Season and beat IU in 2 ways! Show your support for Purdue and help save lives at the same time.

This year, Indiana University and Purdue University initiated a community–based, life-saving competition between the Hoosiers and Boilermakers to register the most organ and tissue donors throughout the basketball season.
You can help the Boilermakers beat IU by simply registering or confirming your decision to be an organ and tissue donor at http://www.donatelifeindiana.orghttp://www.donatelifeindinana.org/ Nearly 100,000 Americans are waiting for a life-saving organ transplant and one donor has the potential to save eight lives through organ donation and enhance the lives of 75 others through tissue donation.

You can help Purdue beat them by:
Registering or confirming your decision to be an organ and tissue donor by filling out the commitment form at www.donatelifeindiana.org and clicking on the Campus Challenge ad then register as a Boilermakers fan.
**Even if you are already a donor on your license, you can still participate**

Forwarding this email to all of your friends, family, co-workers, and fellow Purdue fans to encourage them to register as an organ and tissue donor!

Show your Purdue pride!
Become a Boilermaker for Life!

Thank you,

organdonor

PS
This has already been posted in the Pre-allo IU thread, so lets see who has the best spirit!

Last edited:
Does anybody know when we are supposed to be getting our acceptance or rejection letters? Can people post as they get them so the rest of us have an idea when they're coming? Thanks!

I have no clue? The interviews were a lot earlier this year than they were last year, so we can't figure it out based on the past.

just got notified by the dean that i was accepted. by phone. good luck to everyone and hope to see you in the fall!

omg!! a phone call?!? are you IS or OOS? and CONGRATS!!!

IS, was very surprised to get a call so soon. thanks

Have any out of state students heard anything yet? I am getting so anxious!

OOS- Just got a call from the Dean...I'm in!!!!!!! Good luck to all!!!

OOS- Just got a call from the Dean...I'm in!!!!!!! Good luck to all!!!

Eep! A call from the dean. Scary! How do you maintain composure? I'd cry regardless of the results. lol