Purdue c/o 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I didn't really....just kept saying Oh my god over and over again. He laughed a little at my reaction. Really nice guy. I then proceeded to run around the apartment and managed to wake my roommate AND scare the cat. LOL!

I wish you the best Animevet!!

Members don't see this ad.

LOL. I'm sure they will forgive you for the disruption :D You had a very good reason! Congratz on getting in!

I got a call late last night! I freaked out the same way too, haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone else hear anything from purdue?

My stupid phone decided to do all sorts of stupid things yesterday afternoon and turned itself off so I missed some calls. I had a message waiting for me from the Dean asking me to call him...so I think it is good news? I guess I won't know until Monday, but I am hopeful.

Got a phone call around 1 PM yesterday and missed it, but I called back later and I'm in too. I would 100% assume that a phone call is a good thing, I doubt the dean would call people that get denied and at the interview banquet he said something along the lines of "I have the pleasure of calling and inviting all __ students that we accept." That being said, I was scared too because in his message he said "we really need to discuss something important" in an awful monotone that made me much more worried than excited.:laugh:

I just got a call back from the Dean a few minutes ago and I am accepted!!! I'm so happy I didn't have to wait until Monday.

Just curious, those of you that were called, what is the first letter of your last name? Im wondering if he's calling alphabetically....maybe it will give me more hope that my call is coming!

Good question. I was wondering that as well, since I haven't heard back yet....:(

I don't know what order it's in but it's not alphabetically b/c I'm a W and was called Thurs night, and more people were still called yesterday and today...so there's still hope!

My last name starts with a C and I'm OOS. Got a call Friday.

So, I'm sort of losing hope. I'm OOS. I just have this sinking feeling that all the calls have been made. Anyone agree? Or have any other inside info? I know i just need to relax, but its getting difficult! Congrats on everyone who got in! :)

My last name starts with D and I am OOS. I got a call on 4:30 Friday, so it is possible they might resume calling Monday. On the other hand, the dean called from a cell phone and returned my call on a Saturday, so he might have called through the weekend. I certainly wouldn't lose all hope yet though.

Members don't see this ad :)
So, I'm sort of losing hope. I'm OOS. I just have this sinking feeling that all the calls have been made. Anyone agree? Or have any other inside info? I know i just need to relax, but its getting difficult!

Same feelings here...I emailed Denise Ottinger to ask if they were done with the calls or not. Hopefully I'll hear back tomorrow and it will be good news!

Let us know what Denise says if she gets back to you! Im IS and definitely losing hope too... :(

I'll post as soon as I hear back from her! Hopefully they are still calling people. :xf:

So Denise kind of avoided answering my question. All she would say was "We will be notifying everyone via letter through the USPS this week." That's making me think they have finished calling the accepted ppl. :(

Wow. :( I'm pretty bummed. I'm sorry to anyone else who didn't get a call.

There's always hope that we made the alternate list...at least it's some sort of silver lining.

I think there is still hope! The dean called me today at 12:30. I'm OOS and my last name starts with a D...I dont think there is any kind of alphabetical order though.

I hope you hear good news!
:luck:

Ugh, I just want to know! It looks like last year some of the accepted people (both OOS and IS) were called and some just received letters. So there's that little bit of hope...my glass is half empty at this point though.

Still haven't heard anything. Anyone else have any new news?

Haven't heard anything yet...at this point I'm just waiting for a letter from them. Denise said they should reach us sometime this week. Good luck everyone!!

To everyone still waiting, don't give up hope quite yet! I never received a call, but my acceptance letter came in the mail today. I'm OOS (IL).

Congrats Lilaboo! Thanks for keeping us all in the loop. Weird that they call some people and not others...it's like they are tying to make us sweat! :oops:

I have been placed on the alternate list, but they won't give out rankings. Anyone know how many students are placed in the alternate list?

I'm also an alternate....kinda strange that they say rankings are "confidential." I don't know how many people are on the waitlist but I'd like to know too!

I'm in the same boat too...alternate. It seems as though most schools don't like to disclose the rankings of the alternate list. It definitely would ease some anxiety if I could find out though!

Congrats Lilaboo. No Purdue mail in Florida yesterday andnow I'm out of town until Tuesday for the Illinois interview. Guess I get to wait longer to find out..

Thanks guys. At this point, however, I'm almost certain that I'll be turning down my offer from Purdue. So I'm hoping that one of my fellow SDN members gets the spot! ;)

Hi! I'm new!
I've also been placed on the alternate list. Kind of bummed because this is the second time they've waitlisted me. Anyway, the letter this year was much different than last years...it basically says that they will "roll out additional offers of admissions to current in-state alternates between now and 4/15..." So, I called Denise and she vaguely confirmed that I'm correct in thinking that they're not done handing out all of the in-state acceptances. Wierd. Is anyone else IS and has received this same letter??

Ok I'm gonna bring this up from page FIVE! Sorry if I killed the thread earlier haha. Also, after re reading it...I meant "additional offers of admissions" as in NOT on a space available basis but straight up admitted but just waiting to tell you for whatever reason. Sorry the wording is confusing and made it sound like I was just stating the purpose of a waitlist.

ANYWAY...anyone have any final decisions? Purdue never seems to be mentioned on any of the other threads and that's not cool! I would loooove to hear from anyone if they're planning on attending (or not) this fall! Thanks!

Congrats to all the acceptances!!

Anyway, I just recently accepted my offer at Purdue and now am confused on what to do about living. It looks as if I would share a one bedroom apartment, they can't promise theyll put me with a DVM student. Does anyone know a good place to house at Purdue besides Purdue Village?? Are off campus housing places nice/is anyone looking for a roommate (female)?

Thanks!

Congrats to all the acceptances!!

Anyway, I just recently accepted my offer at Purdue and now am confused on what to do about living. It looks as if I would share a one bedroom apartment, they can't promise theyll put me with a DVM student. Does anyone know a good place to house at Purdue besides Purdue Village?? Are off campus housing places nice/is anyone looking for a roommate (female)?

Thanks!

I would suggest not living in Purdue Village- in terms of school housing goes, they're on the lower end and you can get an apartment for the same price, if not cheaper, and that way you'll have your own room too. I've lived in on-campus apartments the last couple of years and find it much more convenient and affordable, and I'm sure you'd be able to find other vet school roommates pretty easily. That's just my opinion though! I found my apartments through http://www.boilerapartments.com. Hope it helps!

I went to Purdue for undergrad and have a lot of friends still there. If you want some suggestions PM me with what you are looking for and I'll give you the info.

I posted on the Davis thread and now here. Honestly, I can't decide. Davis is my in-state and I love its proximity to my family as I know I will have some stressful :scared: times in vet school.

Still, Purdue has so much to offer.

Do you guys have any suggestions? Any '13s lurking??

ekchad--I totally know how you are feeling. I am trying to decide between my IS (NC State) with really low tuition and Illinois and UPenn. I've actually recently decided to turn down my offer to Purdue. For me it was because I liked UPenn better and the tuition would be about the same for both. Did you visit both schools? That is definitely important. I think that a good way to objectively look at them is to write down what things play a role in your choice (for me: cost, location (both in the U.S. and city/country, etc.) and consider how the two schools compare in each thing. That being said, don't underestimate a gut feeling. For my college decision it came down to two choices and I went with the "less presitigous" school because of a gut reaction and I have been incredibly happy with my choice. Neither UC Davis or Purdue is a bad choice in my opinion, but it sounds from the bit you said that you really love Purdue. If you really do love it, I would go there. You don't want to regret choosing UC Davis just because it was your in-state option. That's my 2 cents. Good luck with your decision!

I posted on the Davis thread and now here. Honestly, I can't decide. Davis is my in-state and I love its proximity to my family as I know I will have some stressful :scared: times in vet school.

Still, Purdue has so much to offer.

Do you guys have any suggestions? Any '13s lurking??

I'm trying to chose between my IS (Illinois) and Purdue...as of right now, I'm pretty positive I'm choosing Purdue. I love West Lafayette, I'm here for undergrad now and would be happy to stay here the next 4 years. It's not too small, I always feel safe, there's plenty to do, and nice people. The vet school has some great faculty members and I love that the students seem to be so supportive of each other- I feel like it makes the struggles of vet school not as bad. I also really like their applications and integrations course that I sat in on during my interview day, it seems to really allow every student to contribute. I know nothing about Davis, so I'm not trying to compare them, I'm only trying to say that I think Purdue is an awesome enough school that I'm leaning towards just taking out the extra loans for OOS tuition.

I am pretty sure I have stalked down all of the current Purdue vet students on SDN and PM'd them. LOL. Il- we may be classmates next year!!

I really like the idea of the Apps and Integrations, unfortunately I wasn't able to sit through the class.

Leaning this way.....

That's awesome to hear- I feel that there's so few people on here considering Purdue!

I'll definitely be attending Purdue SVM this fall. Looking forward to interacting with all the SDNers. Just bought a house on the south side and am pretty familiar with the area and school now. If anyone has any questions, just lemme know.

Question about gaining residency for Purdue. These are the requirements for emancipated students. Does anyone know if anyone does this?

You are an emancipated student (financially independent) and have been domiciled in Indiana for at least 12 consecutive months immediately preceding the first day of classes of the academic session for which resident classification is sought.(My Highlighting) Your domicile must be established for a predominant purpose other than attending an institution of higher education.

Question about gaining residency for Purdue. These are the requirements for emancipated students. Does anyone know if anyone does this?

You are an emancipated student (financially independent) and have been domiciled in Indiana for at least 12 consecutive months immediately preceding the first day of classes of the academic session for which resident classification is sought.(My Highlighting) Your domicile must be established for a predominant purpose other than attending an institution of higher education.

I called the Registrars office today because I've been curious for awhile, and it seems like it's impossible to gain residency! If you are independent of your parents, you need to be working here full time for 12 months...so that's pretty depressing. The lady I spoke with was very nice about it, so I'd suggest giving her a call because she explained it well, even tho it wasn't what I wanted to hear, haha.

Thanks Ilprevet,

I've been meaning to call them just to ask some general questions so its good to know they are nice people!

yea, I've been waitlisted IS but my letter wasn't as encouraging as some others (above). Have gotten into Tufts and Minn but so want to go to Purdue! My brother is an undergrad there and would so love to live with him! If I get in, I could probably rent two bedrooms to other vet students. Will keep you posted!

yea, I've been waitlisted IS but my letter wasn't as encouraging as some others (above). Have gotten into Tufts and Minn but so want to go to Purdue! My brother is an undergrad there and would so love to live with him! If I get in, I could probably rent two bedrooms to other vet students. Will keep you posted!

What does yours say? So, it doesn't start out with "At the current time you have been placed on a list of alternates"?
or mention rolling out offers of admissions BEFORE april 15th?

Got in!!!!

Yayy! Just got off the wait list! IS GPA: 4.58 GRE V 730 / Q 670, min hour experience

so happy! and I have a house with potential bedrooms to rent 3 blocks from the stadium!

Congrats Impatience!! Do you mind still clarifying why you think your waitlist letter was different? I'm wondering if they sent different ones to different people because mine seemed to hint at a bit of hope, yet...no call yet so maybe you got the good one!!

Got in!!!!

Yayy! Just got off the wait list! IS GPA: 4.58 GRE V 730 / Q 670, min hour experience

so happy! and I have a house with potential bedrooms to rent 3 blocks from the stadium!
Hey Impatience!
I got my call yesterday...so it looks like we are going to be classmates! I was just wondering how they handle the waitlist acceptance. Denise told me they would send me a packet of forms to fill out and an email. How long did it take for Purdue to mail the forms? How long do we have to decide?

I can't wait to get the mail as I refuse to believe the phone call really happened until I have concrete proof :D