Purdue c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alohacat319

c/o 2020
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since it is almost Nov 1 and I have yet to see a Purdue thread, I thought it was definitely time to start one! Who else is applying?

Members don't see this ad.

Oh dang - I had no idea a thread hadn't started! Thanks!
I applied for this cycle - patiently waaaaiiiittttting....have you found a specific timeline for Purdue by chance?

Historically, interview invites will be sent out the Friday of Purdue's final's week. Interviews will be held in late January/early february. Acceptance calls will start coming out Valentines day -> March.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I applied here and its the only school I didnt get any emails from yet. Anyone else hear from them? Like the simple we have all your materials email?

No I didnt even get that - however I got an email saying I have some outstanding courses which Im aware of, so with that said I would expect them to have everything.

I applied here and its the only school I didnt get any emails from yet. Anyone else hear from them? Like the simple we have all your materials email?

Nope, I have nothing from them. It's making me a bit uncomfortable. I also find their website to be one of the more difficult ones to find information on, personally. But I am still hoping for the best!

Nope, I have nothing from them. It's making me a bit uncomfortable. I also find their website to be one of the more difficult ones to find information on, personally. But I am still hoping for the best!

Agreed!

From what I remember you really don't get any communication unless something is missing up until interviews are sent out.
I applied two years in a row and did my UG at Purdue, so if y'all have any questions about the area or the school, feel free to ask!

I'm applying OOS for this cycle! I got an email on Oct 20 saying they received my complete application and GRE scores and that I would be notified of either an interview offer or that I am no longer under consideration in early to mid December.

I got an email today stating the same; they got my materials and my application is under review. *hyperventilating*

Reactions: 1 users
I have a feeling they are prob inundated with applications and are slowly cycling through them. If this admissions cycle was anything like uf's they received double the amount of applications this cycle then last cycle. I know someone on the admissions board at UF and she was discussing timelines with me. So I can only assume that is what's going on with the other big state schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed admissions yesterday. Expect to hear from them early to mid December.

Reactions: 1 users
I just received an email saying that my application is complete, and that it is under review now. Took a while but hey, at least that's done.

Do you think we will hear back this week or next week about interviews?

Based on what they've done in the past we should be looking at the 18th!

I'll be frantically checking my email next Friday!
Wait until after dinner on Friday to refreshrefreshrefresh. I didn't get mine (back when) until around 7pm.

really wish it was this Friday haha I seemed to apply to every school that has not posted anything about interviews yet

Reactions: 2 users
Wait until after dinner on Friday to refreshrefreshrefresh. I didn't get mine (back when) until around 7pm.
The last email they sent out was on a Friday at around 7 so that seems to be their M.O. I'm thinking tonight is the night.

The last email they sent out was on a Friday at around 7 so that seems to be their M.O. I'm thinking tonight is the night.
I wouldn't count on it. Historically it has been the Friday of Purdue's final exams. That's when they have sent out undergrad acceptances and interview invites. Finals don't start until next week.

I feel like I chose all the schools with later notification dates! Anticipation is killing me

I'm a little concerned because I never got any communication from them at all. Guess I'll find out next week. :eek:

Hey everyone, I wanted to update you in case you're not on the APVMA page on facebook.

Someone who is an undergrad at Purdue talked to the head of admissions, and told us that the invites will be going out on Friday at 5pm!
*commence spazzing and constantly refreshing the hour before* :eek:

Reactions: 4 users
Hey everyone, I wanted to update you in case you're not on the APVMA page on facebook.

Someone who is an undergrad at Purdue talked to the head of admissions, and told us that the invites will be going out on Friday at 5pm!
*commence spazzing and constantly refreshing the hour before* :eek:
Yay!!! Excited to hear something soon!

Every post notification I get on here gives me a little anxietyyyy. Definitely going to have to stay off of this page as much as I can on Friday! :nailbiting:

They have been having admissions meetings all week, I guess they're too busy until finals week when they're no classes to narrow it down lol. good luck guys!

Reactions: 2 users
How positive are we that we are hearing tommorow at 5!? The wait is killing me!!!

One of my friends works at the vet school; it's supposed to be tomorrow for sure.

I received mine at 3:33 pm on the Friday of Purdue's finals week. But if they said 5 pm this year then I would expect that.

I just got an interview as well!!!

Interviewing January 29th PM session! :soexcited:

So got the invite... but it did not specify day or time... how do some of you know that already?

Rejected. Oh well. Good luck to everyone who made the cut.

Interview as well! What is with the disclaimer about not being in contact with animals for 5 days prior? That is a pretty tall order for people who work full time at a vet hospital or some other activity which I imagine is a lot of people.

Interview as well! What is with the disclaimer about not being in contact with animals for 5 days prior? That is a pretty tall order for people who work full time at a vet hospital or some other activity which I imagine is a lot of people.
I think it said no contact with animals outside of the USA/Canada :)

Oh jease, I should learn to read, thank you :asshat: