purgatory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

red dot

burning, burning
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i don't know what to do with myself. the last few years of my life have been bent on trying to fix my transcript (it was REALLY bad, and still sort of is) and then studying my ass off for the mcat (which came out real skewed) and then worrying constantly about my PS and about primaries and then secondaries. and then now silence. nothing. i'm used to being really stressed out or having way too much to do. now all i do is wait. i feel like i ought to be doing something that will help the process just keep moving. but i have gleaned from these threads that letters of intent are usually sent out in february.

question is, is there anything we can do to keep the ball rolling? is there nothing we can do but wait? shall we call and pester the adcom offices?

this isn't even a "what do i do with my free time" sort of question. i'm already doing other things but they're things not related to trying to get into med school.

and it sucks that we can really go and travel since we are low on cash or waiting for a response. how can we go to prague if we spent all our money on apps or if we could possibly miss a snail mail response from a school?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I know exactly how you feel, but at least you live in SF where the weather is undoubtedly nicer than the rest of the country...and you can go surfing and jogging along the beaches and whatever it is you californians do! I'm stuck in the middle of FREEZING nowhere and the most exciting thing here is the new Harry Potter movie :rolleyes:
Keep your chin up though, and remember you gotta force yourself to get out and have fun even though all you wanna do most days is press the refresh button...:)

oompa loompa said:
Hey, I know exactly how you feel, but at least you live in SF where the weather is undoubtedly nicer than the rest of the country...and you can go surfing and jogging along the beaches and whatever it is you californians do! I'm stuck in the middle of FREEZING nowhere and the most exciting thing here is the new Harry Potter movie :rolleyes:
Keep your chin up though, and remember you gotta force yourself to get out and have fun even though all you wanna do most days is press the refresh button...:)

harry potter........woo-hoo!!

oompa loompa said:

yeah it has been unseasonably warm. i keep wanting to party but it's hard to get your friends out in the middle of the week every week when they are all still studying. and now, back to waiting...