Purpose of Dental Career

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marscole

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i believe dental career is fun and interesting. anyone may share your experiences and purposes why dentistry?

(i was away pretty long time and didnt know whether someone has posted such question!)

thanks for your input. ;)

Members don't see this ad.

i believe dental career is fun and interesting. anyone may share your experiences and purposes why dentistry?

(i was away pretty long time and didnt know whether someone has posted such question!)

thanks for your input. ;)

Yeah, I think it's been posted quite a few times but can never hurt to get new opinions, right? Few reasons for me. I like physiological related science, I like the concept of performing procedures and seeing immediate results. I think the traditional medical field is very competitive with research but there isn't quite as much with biomedical research in dentistry and they are just starting to find more links with systemic well-being so there may be a lot of up and coming research to work on in a field that isn't so saturated.

In addition, the schedule flexibility dentists often eventually attain isn't bad either and I like the thought of not being on call constantly. The dentist I observed was only on call Wednesdays and Saturdays for emergencies. I hear the money isn't bad either but I'm currently aiming at the general practice route anyway. You?

thanks for your sharing.

due to my nature characteristic of curiosity, dentistry is my choice.... hehehe... just like problem solving, every patient is unique and there are thousands of methods to solve the problems. so, it's challenging, but i enjoy!!!! just ochem, you have materials, and how to make desire product, you can use least step (purchase from manufacture) or most step or you can use whatever steps you want...

i dont like imaginery problem solving like other science field (you know!!) quick outcome happy ending (hahaha!!):thumbup:

im good with my hands, enjoy talking to people(patients) very social person... and most importantly i love doing it
- Danny