Putting 4th year US electives on ERAS???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctaroo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the forums...seems like some IMG's put their 4th year US electives on their ERAS 'work' section. What's your take on that?! If they get our transcripts and LOR's, there doesn't seem to be much point.

At my school, we do four 4 week electives in Canada/US; it's part of our curriculum, but PD's may not realize that.

Anyways, I haven't got a clear answer ...

Members don't see this ad.

I was looking at the forums...seems like some IMG's put their 4th year US electives on their ERAS 'work' section. What's your take on that?! If they get our transcripts and LOR's, there doesn't seem to be much point.

At my school, we do four 4 week electives in Canada/US; it's part of our curriculum, but PD's may not realize that.

Anyways, I haven't got a clear answer ...

There's no clear answer because there's no clear answer. If those electives are not going to be on your transcript at the time that it is uploaded then you should put them in the Work Experience section. If they're going to be on your transcript, then you don't need to include them. It should go without saying though that you will get LORs from all of your US/Canadian electives and submit them to ERAS. That will give the PDs something even more useful.