Q&A and Suggestions

Started by Amytxn4
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Amytxn4

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi...I'm very new on here. I have been looking into going to Radiology school either in San Angelo, Tx or Austin, Tx. My question is, is there a such thing called Radiology Tech? Does being a Radiologist require a degree? Is there a certificate only? I am part-time in college and just completed College Algebra (B) and Anatomy & Physiology 1 & 2 (both A's) which I thought might help if I do get into Radiology program. Any suggestion? By the way, I'm looking for daytime classes as I am a single mother with two young children in elementary school. I use to work on the ambulance and still a certified EMT...looking for a better job to support.

Thanks!

Amy
 
Hi...I'm very new on here. I have been looking into going to Radiology school either in San Angelo, Tx or Austin, Tx. My question is, is there a such thing called Radiology Tech? Does being a Radiologist require a degree? Is there a certificate only? I am part-time in college and just completed College Algebra (B) and Anatomy & Physiology 1 & 2 (both A's) which I thought might help if I do get into Radiology program. Any suggestion? By the way, I'm looking for daytime classes as I am a single mother with two young children in elementary school. I use to work on the ambulance and still a certified EMT...looking for a better job to support.

Thanks!

Amy

Yes, there is a such a thing called radiology tech which is different from a radiologist.

Becoming radiology tech requires 2 years of education after high school. You can then branch out to x-rays, CT, MRI, interventional.

Becoming a radiologist usually takes anywhere from 13 to 16 years after high school. 4 years college + 4 years medical school to become a doctor + after you become a doctor 5 years radiology residency + (optional fellowship 1-3 years). Actually becoming a radiologists often takes longer than many other medical specialties of doctors.
 
Thanks for the reply...I wouldn't go that far for radiologist. So, what kind of degree for the Radiology Tech? I hear you say 2 years of education...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You might want to check out www.auntminnie.com It tends to be more active that this forum when it comes to non-radiologist rads things, including frequent postings by rad techs.