q about scramble

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dua

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I got only two interviews this year and am not very hopeful that I will match. Please give me information on how to apply or prepare for scramble. does it happen on the same day as june 18 when the match results are declared? how to i access where the empty slots are and how do I send my info to those programs? will appreciate replies.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

A good rule of thumb is that there is no scramble in CV. Last year there were 5-6 open spots. The year before, there was a single open spot. Most programs don't try to fill their spots in the scramble -- there's usually someone local, or someone knows someone, etc. In addition, it's often the research spots that don't fill and it would be unlikely that anyone would fill those in the scramble.

The data is on the NRMP website, if you'd like to review it.

It's not 100% true that there isn't a scramble for cards.
I know someone who didn't get in last year, but tried to "scramble" and got emails back from the program secretary of a place, then got a phone interview with the prog. director. Apparently they got 100's of apps for that 1 open spot though. They did end up giving the spot to someone internal.