Q: application process, essay,...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted158872

I hope someone will help me answer these Q's :

1/ What can the adcoms can and cannot see - physically - on our applications? Will they see things such as our family backgrounds and incomes, or those will be left to the Finaid office ? :rolleyes:

2/ In the essay, when I tell them I shadow Dr. ABC, should I let them know the doctor's name ? :rolleyes:

3/ Some people say you can turn in your app. even though your MCAT score hasn't come in. But adcoms won't consider your app. until everything's complete, right ? :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

I hope someone will help me answer these Q's :

1/ What can the adcoms can and cannot see - physically - on our applications? Will they see things such as our family backgrounds and incomes, or those will be left to the Finaid office ? :rolleyes:

2/ In the essay, when I tell them I shadow Dr. ABC, should I let them know the doctor's name ? :rolleyes:

3/ Some people say you can turn in your app. even though your MCAT score hasn't come in. But adcoms won't consider your app. until everything's complete, right ? :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

1/ Yes, the ad com will see your parents' highest level of education and how many siblings you've got. :rolleyes:

2/ Yes, give out the doctor's name. :rolleyes:

3/ Right. :rolleyes:

Oh, before I forget, this emoticon - :rolleyes: - means you're rolling your eyes. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

1/ Yes, the ad com will see your parents' highest level of education and how many siblings you've got. :rolleyes:

2/ Yes, give out the doctor's name. :rolleyes:

3/ Right. :rolleyes:

Oh, before I forget, this emoticon - :rolleyes: - means you're rolling your eyes. :rolleyes:

So ^ the OP's questions were already answered & I don't mean to hijack the thread but I just remembered a question I had...can you also talk about specific patient situations as long as you don't give names? I know I've heard about people mentioning them in their PS but I know when I shadowed anyway I had to sign a confidentiality waiver....if someone could answer that for me real quick:)

So ^ the OP's questions were already answered & I don't mean to hijack the thread but I just remembered a question I had...can you also talk about specific patient situations as long as you don't give names? I know I've heard about people mentioning them in their PS but I know when I shadowed anyway I had to sign a confidentiality waiver....if someone could answer that for me real quick:)

It is best to avoid names, but to personalize the essay, you might consider using pseudonyms like "Mr. V" or "Miss K." You can also use a first name in quotation marks (e.g. "John"), which assumes the name has been changed.