Qbank Query

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheFlash

Playtime Is Over
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok, so after having stalked this forum for a while, i guess it's time to post a bit about our favorite buddy, Mr. Qbank...

i know there are various debates about how good of a predictor qbank is for your score and most people agree that it correlates *roughly* to how you'd do on the real thing. i've been studying for about 8 days now and i'm doing NON-random qbank blocks for each subject as i complete it. there are certain subjects where i'm scoring decently well i.e. physio, embryo - high 60's to 80's, and others where it's not so hot i.e. anatomy in the 50's.

so the question for all you expert step I jocks: is qbank "better" at training you for certain subjects than others? i mean is qbank, in all its esoterica, a more worthy score predictor for say, pathology, than it is for lower yield subjects like embryo, anatomy, histo, etc. are certain subjects more similar to the real thing than others? should it get me down if i'm scoring crappy on low yield subjects (or, vice versa, should it be irrelevant if you score well in a low yield subject since in sdn lore those don't matter anyway?).

i know, i know, i have yet to do the hallowed nbme exams, but i'll get to those next week after hitting 6.5 days of path...

Members don't see this ad.

... or not.

If i see ONE MORE question about staghorn calculi, i'm going to flip my ****.

I had one on my real test... ;)

I have to say in retrospect that a lot of the stuff qbank hammered home repeatedly managed to work it's way into my actual exam. maybe kaplan know what they're doing after all.