qbanks=released exams?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DivaLatina2008

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I need to know if the qbanks are the same questions asked on the released exams. is it worth getting it? is it case-related questions like the new version of the test or just straight forward question and answers or both? are they useful?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi

belive it or not

I wasted 2 whole days right before the exam doing kaplan Q bank.... I did like 1 old exam , from 1 old exam I had 2 questions repeated.

from 700 Kaplan question got nothing ..... waste of time , and they are much harder than the real exam .... do not do any thing kaplan , it ment to be for the USMLE , and they changed the name and gave it to us

good luck

Hi

belive it or not

I wasted 2 whole days right before the exam doing kaplan Q bank.... I did like 1 old exam , from 1 old exam I had 2 questions repeated.

from 700 Kaplan question got nothing ..... waste of time , and they are much harder than the real exam .... do not do any thing kaplan , it ment to be for the USMLE , and they changed the name and gave it to us

good luck

Hi--tnx---is kaplan reading book also worthless to go through? or only ques? I hv some ques of kaplan--------pls tell me how to prepare for part 1 and which books to follow---------ansd wh reference books too?-------Tushin

thnx for the info. dental2009. do u feel that way coz u only spent one day with them? does it really have unrelated info when compared to what's on the test?

Members don't see this ad :)
tushin, the kaplan book is useful but is not everything u need. its like a short sweet summary of the most important stuff for each subject, but the decks have it all.

thnx for the info. dental2009. do u feel that way coz u only spent one day with them? does it really have unrelated info when compared to what's on the test?

Hi,

I have the kaplan q bank and I read all of the questions they are approximately 1000 q's, its true that the questions are much more difficult than the exam but I used them to relate things together and understand the basic informations that I read from kaplan lecture notes which is my main source plus the decks. the explanations for the questions were helpful, but I wouldnt say that its a must, do them if u have time, practicing past exams is more helpful and allows u know ur weakness areas without depressing u.