• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

steelrfan8

10+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2008
Status (Visible)
Just did the QR on that ADA test they post online and got most of them right (no time involved, just tested my general knowlege of the info) and #29 isn't click for some reason... I must be interpreting what the question is asking for wrong.

A Painting which is 4 ft wide and 5 ft long is surrounded by a rectangular frame 6-inches wide. What % of the area of the picture and the frame is occupied by the frame?

"frame 6-inches wide" means that the thickness of the frame is 6 inches and we simply add 4 6-inch boards of the frame to the picture, right? This is where I think I'm making the incorrect assumption....

What I did was convert 4 and 5 ft into 48 and 60 inches, found area..... then added 6 inches to each one to get 66 inches and 54 inches, found area.... subtracted the 2 areas to get area of frame and then divided area of frame by total area from 66X44 and I end up with 20% but the correct answer is 33.3%

Where did I go wrong?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.