QR question from ADA practice test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

steelrfan8

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Just did the QR on that ADA test they post online and got most of them right (no time involved, just tested my general knowlege of the info) and #29 isn't click for some reason... I must be interpreting what the question is asking for wrong.

A Painting which is 4 ft wide and 5 ft long is surrounded by a rectangular frame 6-inches wide. What % of the area of the picture and the frame is occupied by the frame?

"frame 6-inches wide" means that the thickness of the frame is 6 inches and we simply add 4 6-inch boards of the frame to the picture, right? This is where I think I'm making the incorrect assumption....

What I did was convert 4 and 5 ft into 48 and 60 inches, found area..... then added 6 inches to each one to get 66 inches and 54 inches, found area.... subtracted the 2 areas to get area of frame and then divided area of frame by total area from 66X44 and I end up with 20% but the correct answer is 33.3%

Where did I go wrong?

Svart Aske

Dental Padawan
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Your mistake is adding 6 inches to length and width. You should add 12 inches (on either end of a side) to get a dimension of 60 x 72.

steelrfan8

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Your mistake is adding 6 inches to length and width. You should add 12 inches (on either end of a side) to get a dimension of 60 x 72.

ohh, I knew it was something silly I was missing... should of paid more attention to the picture I drew. Thanks a lot.