QR question?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dencology

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys can you help me with these problems:

1. find the distance b/w the point of intersection of the line x + y=2 and x-y=0

ans. 4root2
can you show your work?

2. what is the value of sin(pi + 301pi/2)?

ans. -1, how?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Guys can you help me with these problems:

1. find the distance b/w the point of intersection of the line x + y=2 and x-y=0

ans. 4root2
can you show your work?

Intersection means where the two equations both "work" for the same values of x and y. So adding the two equations gives you 2x = 2 which means x = 1. Plugging in, you get y = 1 also. (You could also use the substitution method to solve them.) The point in question is (1, 1). However, I don't know what you want me to do from here. If you want to find the distance between two points, you need to have two points. What's the other point?

2. what is the value of sin(pi + 301pi/2)?

ans. -1, how?

Okay seriously people let's use the search function here. This one's been answered for cosine.

It's an oscillating function with a 2pi period which means EVERY TIME YOU ADD 2pi THE FUNCTION GIVES THE SAME VALUE. So sin(2pi) equals sin(4pi) equals sin(6pi) equals sin(10000000pi). This is sin(pi + 300pi/2 + pi/2) which equals sin(3pi/2 + 300pi/2) = sin(3pi/2 + 150pi). Since 150pi is just 75(2pi), that means you've cycled around 75 times. That means it is IDENTICAL to sin(3pi/2), without cycling around 75 additional times. Since sin(3pi/2) = -1, that's your answer.

In bold.

lol streetwolf is a wolf for QR questions.

To OP, first question clearly requires a second point