QR Section DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sexysummer

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,
I am 3 weeks from my DAT test and I have difficulty with math word problem on some algebra based problem and statistics, mixture problem, etc. I have destroyer 2011 but it is hard for me to comprehend the solution provided in this book. I takes me about more than 15 minutes to figure out what he's trying to tell me.

any suggestion? Is the QR section hard though? Please help?

Members don't see this ad.

If you have Chad videos, he does a pretty good job of explaining quick ways to do a lot of the calculations. Khan acadamy is a good place to start too, its all gold! Some of the videos cover more than whats on the DAT so its good to pick and pull out what you need.

Sidenote: im not sure if you have the 2011 math destroyer or the 2011 normal destroyer (the one with ochem, gchem, bio too) but I would STRONGLY recommend getting the new one. I had the 2011 normal destroyer, bought the new one, and they're significantly different. My .02$

Hello guys,
I am 3 weeks from my DAT test and I have difficulty with math word problem on some algebra based problem and statistics, mixture problem, etc. I have destroyer 2011 but it is hard for me to comprehend the solution provided in this book. I takes me about more than 15 minutes to figure out what he's trying to tell me.

any suggestion? Is the QR section hard though? Please help?

Like @Graffix said, your best bet would be to go over Chad's videos and learn all the shortcuts. Then I would start by going over all Chad's quizzes and go over Destroyer Math. After you feel comfortable with all those I'd move to Math Destroyer and I'd also do some practice tests off Bootcamp. You will find that Bootcamp is much harder than the real exam, most questions are fair but when you have a lot of them, it makes the exam difficult. As a result Bootcamp will help you work on speed.

I really enjoyed Qvault's Math section tbh. Even though I only got one free test since I bought RC and OCHEM, their math tests were the most fair in terms of content. I also used Khan Academy to learn how to do ellipses since I saw them in Qvault, Bootcamp, and Math Destroyer. I didn't get one on the real exam but its good to at least know and understand the formula at the very least.

Reactions: 1 user
Qvault's math section was decently accurate for me. However, I've had friends that said their qr was more similar (or harder) than bc qr. You can always be thrown a curve ball so try to expose yourself to everything through math destroyer, qv, and even bc.