Q's on MCW and the whole process..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

me123

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm new to this, and was wondering if I could get a bit of advice.

I have an interview at Medical College of Wisconsin, and I would really appreciate any pluses/minuses of the program there.

Also, I have not interviewed before, and I'm a little unsure of the 'dress code' for these two day sessions. I realize for a normal interview a suit is appropriate, but when your going through numerous interviews, visiting clinical areas, touring the campus etc. for a couple of days, what is the average applicant wearing?

Thanks a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, me,
I think that second question is worth it's own thread.

The two-day wardrobe question, especially with a lot of informal events included, is definitely a distinct discussion from the usual "what to wear" threads.

Well I'm thinking high-tops and a mullett.....any other suggestions?

I have knowledge about the Medical College of Wiconsin and specifically the combined program. Clothing -- you don't need a 3-piece suit but you won't make points with beach wear. Just a middle of the road - slacks/sweater - something classic works most anywhere you go. Your meals will be with current students and other applicants only - no one to impress with clothes there. The only time you may think you need to wear "the suit" is at the MD applications and that is entirely up to you. With the MD/PhD interviews, you will be meeting mostly faculty in the scientific areas and they dress a bit more on the casual side. :cool: