Qualifying Exam

Started by rEliseMe
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rEliseMe

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else have to take a qualifying exam every year?

Ours is the 15th and I haven't studied nearly enough. We can only fail once without getting kicked out... I'd hate to use the Mulligan in my first year!

Even if you don't have to take it every year, how did you prepare for it?
 
I've got written comps coming up August 15, 16, 17. We have a total of 6, you are allowed one rewrite per topic, then we'll have oral comps in February. The plan is going back over my course syllabi which have course objectives spelled out and outlining my butt off.. Talk to 2nd/3rd years also, they took these exams and should be able to put you in the right direction.