Quarter vs. Semester system

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ManSiP

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All,

I attended interviews at two different type of schools, semester and quarters. I am trying to decide whether quarter system is a good or not? I never went through the quarter system and have always used the standard 16 weeks semester system. How is quarter system different in Pharmacy school? I know it's fast paced since it's 10 weeks but what else is different? I'm thinking semester would be better since I would get little bit more time to absorb materials, review, memorize, and study materials. What do you guys think?