Question about a typical day in dental school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pajamasam9090

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know all schools are different, but does anyone have a general idea of the timing of classes in dental school? For example, is it a 9am-5pm day? Are some days shorter than other? The average time you're in class (probably varies but how about an average for certain sciences and clinical labs).

I know this is an extremely vague and probably hard question to answer, but if anyone who is currently going/been through dental school, could you let me know how your day typically goes and what school you went to?

Thanks guys!!

Members don't see this ad.

I know all schools are different, but does anyone have a general idea of the timing of classes in dental school? For example, is it a 9am-5pm day? Are some days shorter than other? The average time you're in class (probably varies but how about an average for certain sciences and clinical labs).

I know this is an extremely vague and probably hard question to answer, but if anyone who is currently going/been through dental school, could you let me know how your day typically goes and what school you went to?

Thanks guys!!

I think it is the same at most schools...you usually spend the first 2 years in the classroom...its like having a full-time job 9-5, and then coming home to study. When you start working in the clinic more as a D3 and D4 I believe the days tend to be a little shorter...I'm not a dental school student yet, so you may get a more detailed answer if you ask in the Dental forum! :)

I haven't started yet, and I don't have the schedule for all my classes yet, but at this point (and according to some other students) it looks like its probably going to be like 8-5 (maybe later some days) 5 days a week with really only a few hours off here and there for lunch.

As a commuter, starting at 9 would be awesoooommeee. Oh well.