Question about application

Started by mclk
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mclk

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I have been accepted to a PhD research prgram. Though I like research, I'm having doubts about the long years and the unattractive compensation at the end of it. I'm not in a career for money but I do like the fact pharmacy has lots of job security and flexibility. Also, what I eventually want to do is clinical studies and or regulatory affairs. I wonder if I should decline the acceptance and get ready to apply for pharm schools. What are my chances now since pharm school is really competitive..

.

i haven't taken the PCAT yet. i still have some classes to take this summer and next year...
Some activities in college though no pharm experience. Some publications. And Im working in a biotech company. I'm planning to get some pharm experience now till August when I'm applying. I wonder if tha'ts enough experience.

Sorry for the long post and I know I shoudn't have applied to the phD program without having thought it through. I really don't know what to do..
Very confused...Any advice is appreciated greatly. Thank you.
 
I wouldn't worry about getting into a program and deciding its not for you after all. That being said - you should def take the time to shadow or volunteer in a pharmacy to decide if its truly the right path for you. It would also be a good idea to shop around and get a taste for all that pharmacy has to offer. Some people like retail - some like a hospital setting. There is also room for specialties like nuclear pharmacists. Get involved and find out if you like it -

~above~