Question about applying to different pharmacies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RxBlueDevils

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I applied to Wal-Mart right now, do you think they would schedule an interview and hire a pharmacist right away? How long does the process usually take? I'm asking this because I am waiting on another company. I want to apply to Wally World as a 2nd option because it's in a rural area, which I do not prefer.
 
If I applied to Wal-Mart right now, do you think they would schedule an interview and hire a pharmacist right away? How long does the process usually take? I'm asking this because I am waiting on another company. I want to apply to Wally World as a 2nd option because it's in a rural area, which I do not prefer.

You usually have to talk to the District Manager first. That's what I heard from the Career Fair at school when I talked to the District Manager for my area. She also said that the applications and the resume have to be submitted online for a job position that is available and open.
 
If I applied to Wal-Mart right now, do you think they would schedule an interview and hire a pharmacist right away? How long does the process usually take? I'm asking this because I am waiting on another company. I want to apply to Wally World as a 2nd option because it's in a rural area, which I do not prefer.

im kinda confused...are you a pharmacist or a student?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I applied to Wal-Mart right now, do you think they would schedule an interview and hire a pharmacist right away? How long does the process usually take? I'm asking this because I am waiting on another company. I want to apply to Wally World as a 2nd option because it's in a rural area, which I do not prefer.

im kinda confused...are you a pharmacist or a student?

The OP is looking for a pharmacist position, probably after he graduates.
 
I was under the impression for a lot of retail pharmacies that once you interview and fill out the application it can be a pretty quick turnaround. For example, I just interviewed with Target on Jan. 25 and got an offer from them today 🙂 I would just e-mail the recruiter/interviewer and let them know that it is time sensitive. Usually at these point in the game interviewers will ask if you have offers pending and if you're on a certain time schedule for making the decision.

Hope that helps!
 
when i interviewed with walmart she pretty much hired me on the spot and sent me off for the pee test same day, had to make it to the lab within 2 hours or so