Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
I am a Canadian citizen but did my undergrad and grad school in the US and now I am in med school in the US. I am going to be applying for my greencard through my husband, but it will probably take over 5 years for me to get it (he is a permanent resident). I am a first year at a US med school and I am thinking about competative residencies, either surgery or radiology. How realistic is it to obtain a competative residence given my situation? I heard that graduating from a US medical school helps a lot, is this true? What steps do I need to take now in order to prepare for the MATCH process and avoid any problems? Thanks to anyone who can help!!
I am a Canadian citizen but did my undergrad and grad school in the US and now I am in med school in the US. I am going to be applying for my greencard through my husband, but it will probably take over 5 years for me to get it (he is a permanent resident). I am a first year at a US med school and I am thinking about competative residencies, either surgery or radiology. How realistic is it to obtain a competative residence given my situation? I heard that graduating from a US medical school helps a lot, is this true? What steps do I need to take now in order to prepare for the MATCH process and avoid any problems? Thanks to anyone who can help!!