Question about CELL Phones and KC, MO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
W

Wo1verine7DO

What cell phone companies work well in Kansas City, MO. I live in NYC so basically every provider would give a strong signal, but I'm not sure about coverage in the Midwest. Does anyone know whether Verizon or Sprint work in Kansas City and the suburbs around there, since those companies are the two with the best prices?
Thanks,
Anthony

Members don't see this ad.

I would go with Sprint for KC. Sprint is a major company in KC.

Is there AT&T Wireless in KC? I really hope so b/c I have a contract w/ them for another year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes there is - I was just saying go with sprint because it has large coverage in KC - I know this because I have friends that work there and I have sprint. But you will be fine with At&T - I am sure they have good coverage too. They all seem to have pretty good coverage and I have never compared this.

see you guys in august:) :clap:

apass, I didn't know you were at UHS. Cool.

I should be in KC by 8/2. Do you recommend any watering holes? I already hit up the Plaza when I came up to interview. Very nice.

Whatever you do don't go with Sprint!! Yes, they are based in KC, but they absolutely suck! One of my classmates lived 100 yards from their corporate headquarters and couldn't get a signal. I had them myself until December. Their customer service is terrible, which is probably why Verizon is kicking their butt right now. I would go with Verizon. A lot of my classmates have Verizon and they seem to really like it.

Originally posted by daveyboy
Is there AT&T Wireless in KC? I really hope so b/c I have a contract w/ them for another year.

I went to AT&T's website and typed in UHSs zip code. Accoring to them, there's no service there. I'll probably go with Verizon

I called ATT and they said they don't really have coverage there although they are expanding...but as long as Verizon is in the area, I'd join them. For 35.00 you have 300 min and unlimited nights and weekends, spring only gives you a 1000 night and weekend with 300 daytime for the same price...
Thanks everyone for your help...see you all there.
Anthony

I live in Kansas City and have used Sprint for the last three years without any real problems except for the occasional dropped call. I would highly recommend NOT using ATT. I have one friend who uses them and she has the worst reception of anyone I know. it seems like we get disconected on almost every call. well thats my two cents. I hope everyone is having a great summer! enjoy it while we still can!

Go with Verizon. Sprint drops lots of calls. I have been here for 2 years, trust me.

NormalForce
UHS Class of 05

:D

Everyone is going to have a complaint w/ a company. Go with the cheapest. There all the same these days.

There all the same these days

Exceedingly false statement. I have had 4 different companies and each one is unique. Some have great customer service with terrible reception, some have great reception but terrible customer service or no perks and some have one of the above. Deal with Sprint's horrible Customer Service and tell me they are all the same.

Bama~

dang, you must have had a horrifying experience with sprint's customer service. I cant complain to much because last year I called them and told them I wanted to cancel and they gave me an amazing deal.

Sprints alright if you are in the perfect location or the Northeast...My friend's brother works for Sprint and he said he hates their coverage, but only uses them cause he gets it for a low employee price.

I'm from Cali, and had sprint for over two years, let me tell you they scuk big time. I had dropped calls all the time, and ****ty reception. It was so annoying. I've had verizon for only 6weeks, and let me tell you I'm in love with them, coustomer service is great, they dont charge you mins for calling them or for cheking your used min, which sprint did. Another feature that I love is the 1000 mobile to mobile mins. Lets me keep in touch with my honey for no extra charge. No more dropped calls and I have reception everywhere:clap: :clap: :clap: I'm starting to regain my faith in mobile phones now. I will never go back to sprint or cingular for that matter.

Originally posted by daveyboy

Hey - sorry i never responded - I left for Italy but now I am back. I will see you on the 11th. I know noone but you and Russell from SDN. I am really looking forward to this though.