theslave

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2008
Status
Question about courses. I want to retake a couple of courses to improve my sGPA. I can improve my science GPA to 3.65 if I retake three science courses (from C's to A's). However, do the courses that I would retake count towards the GPA I had in college? I graduated last May. Thus, if I retake these three science courses, do they replace the grades I got in undergraduate school?

I won't be applying to allopathic schools. So no need to explain to me that the AMCAS still counts the old grades.

ar2388

rads resident
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2007
New York, NY
Status
Resident [Any Field]
will you be taking them as part of a master's program or how?

Mobius1985

10+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2007
if I retake these three science courses, do they replace the grades I got in undergraduate school?
Assuming you are considering applying to osteopathic schools: AACOMAS, the osteopathic school application service, will replace an undergraduate grade with the retaken grade for the same course, assuming the repeat has the same number of credit hours, or more.

If the retaken class is a requirement for a graduate program you've been accepted to, I'm not sure how it would be handled.

You could ask in the pre-osteo forum here on SDN at: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Last edited:

Narmerguy

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2007
It'd probably be a better idea to use the pre-osteo forum then because not many people here understand applying to schools outside of allopathic ones.

About the Ads