Question about courses (please advice)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theslave

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Question about courses. I want to retake a couple of courses to improve my sGPA. I can improve my science GPA to 3.65 if I retake three science courses (from C's to A's). However, do the courses that I would retake count towards the GPA I had in college? I graduated last May. Thus, if I retake these three science courses, do they replace the grades I got in undergraduate school?

I won't be applying to allopathic schools. So no need to explain to me that the AMCAS still counts the old grades.

Members don't see this ad.

will you be taking them as part of a master's program or how?

if I retake these three science courses, do they replace the grades I got in undergraduate school?

Assuming you are considering applying to osteopathic schools: AACOMAS, the osteopathic school application service, will replace an undergraduate grade with the retaken grade for the same course, assuming the repeat has the same number of credit hours, or more.

If the retaken class is a requirement for a graduate program you've been accepted to, I'm not sure how it would be handled.

You could ask in the pre-osteo forum here on SDN at: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Last edited: