Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Question about courses (please advice)

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by theslave, Dec 21, 2008.

1. theslave

Removed

Question about courses. I want to retake a couple of courses to improve my sGPA. I can improve my science GPA to 3.65 if I retake three science courses (from C's to A's). However, do the courses that I would retake count towards the GPA I had in college? I graduated last May. Thus, if I retake these three science courses, do they replace the grades I got in undergraduate school?

I won't be applying to allopathic schools. So no need to explain to me that the AMCAS still counts the old grades.

2. ar2388

ar2388 rads resident
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    will you be taking them as part of a master's program or how?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mobius1985

7+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Assuming you are considering applying to osteopathic schools: AACOMAS, the osteopathic school application service, will replace an undergraduate grade with the retaken grade for the same course, assuming the repeat has the same number of credit hours, or more.

If the retaken class is a requirement for a graduate program you've been accepted to, I'm not sure how it would be handled.

You could ask in the pre-osteo forum here on SDN at: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=13

#3 Mobius1985, Dec 21, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  4. Narmerguy

Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...