Question about DAT test date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JaeDRa

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm pretty new to the pre-dent community. I've recently decided I'm going to take the DAT. I have two questions:

Question 1:

Am I able to cancel my test after taking the test (I'm aware that scores come up right away upon finishing, which is why I'm asking this question)? Is there a pop up that asks if I'd like to use the scores for this test or not?

Question 2:

So I know that the test can only be taken in 3 month intervals. Assuming that I can cancel my test, would the 3 months wait still apply even though I canceled the test (i.e. would I have to wait 3 months before taking the next test) or is it okay to register the test within 3 months after?

Thanks!!!!:rolleyes:;):rolleyes:;)

Members don't see this ad.

So I'm pretty new to the pre-dent community. I've recently decided I'm going to take the DAT. I have two questions:

Question 1:

Am I able to cancel my test after taking the test (I'm aware that scores come up right away upon finishing, which is why I'm asking this question)? Is there a pop up that asks if I'd like to use the scores for this test or not?

Question 2:

So I know that the test can only be taken in 3 month intervals. Assuming that I can cancel my test, would the 3 months wait still apply even though I canceled the test (i.e. would I have to wait 3 months before taking the next test) or is it okay to register the test within 3 months after?

1. The option to cancel the scores does appear
2. You still have to wait 3mos

There was no option to cancel scores for me. I have never heard of that. It is my understanding that you have to choose schools to send the scores to when signing up for the DAT and those schools get the scores no matter what after you take the test. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that is how it works.

Members don't see this ad :)

Question 1:

Question 2:

1. No, you can not cancel your scores. Once the clock starts ticking, well...lets just say, GAME ON!

2. You have to wait three months, no way around this.

Question 1:

Question 2:

1. I am 90% sure that I had the option to cancel right after taking the whole test but you will not be able to see your scores.

2. You still have to wait 3 months.

1. No, you can not cancel your scores. Once the clock starts ticking, well...lets just say, GAME ON!

2. You have to wait three months, no way around this.

You wont be able to see the results, but you can def cancel the test at the end, it still counts as an attempt

You wont be able to see the results, but you can def cancel the test at the end, it still counts as an attempt

"It is the policy of the DAT Program that once an examinee has taken any part of the test battery; those scores cannot be voided at the request of the examinee."

-ADA.org DAT guide.......

You cannot void your scores once you start.

"It is the policy of the DAT Program that once an examinee has taken any part of the test battery; those scores cannot be voided at the request of the examinee."

-ADA.org DAT guide.......

You cannot void your scores once you start.

They might've changed it recently, but the option appeared on my exam back in Feb, only at the end after I had completed the exam. I wasn't able to see my scores unless I waived my right to cancel

I didn't take mine until April so it must have changed between then

I've taken it 3 times from 2010-2012 and was never once given the option to void my scores. Good luck!

I've taken it 3 times from 2010-2012 and was never once given the option to void my scores. Good luck!

Yeah... I've taken it once in february 2012 and another in august 2012 and was not given an opportunity to void. I thought that was only an MCAT option?