Question about Dean's letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Erythropoietin

EPO
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My school asks us to get an evaluation from ALL the directors of the clerkships that we took since 4th year (that means IMed, ob gyn, peds, surgery, neurology, psychiatry, urology, ct surgery, ent, ortho, and 2 or 3 other more).
How am I supposed to get an evaluation from all of them? Plus, most of those people only know me superficially so I doubt they'll say something good about me.
How many have you asked and what was your process like?

Members don't see this ad.

Your school sucks. That is all I have to say. They are the ones that should be rounding up your clerkship evaluations and harvesting this information on their own.

Reactions: 4 users
Your school sucks. That is all I have to say. They are the ones that should be rounding up your clerkship evaluations and harvesting this information on their own.
Well I totally agree with you.
May I ask how many you included in your Dean's letter? I mean I'm assuming it's only from people that know you well. I checked some sample letters online and they only include like 4 or 5 max.

May I ask how many you included in your Dean's letter? I mean I'm assuming it's only from people that know you well. I checked some sample letters online and they only include like 4 or 5 max.
My deans letter quoted all my third year and my first couple fourth year evaluations.

That said, the school collected them monthly as they were completed. How have you not already been getting evaluations every month?

Reactions: 1 user
My school asks us to get an evaluation from ALL the directors of the clerkships that we took since 4th year...
How am I supposed to get an evaluation from all of them?
Why ask us? Ask someone at your school. Your classmates are getting this done, presumably.

typically you don't pick the evals included in the MSPE...the Dean's office may send you a copy for you to edit to make sure its accurate ...if you have to gather the evals, then get the great one.s