Question about DMU secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

princesamariposa

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I'm new to this forum, so hi everyone! I just sent in my aacomas on sept.3. I received my first secondary from Des Moines on the 12th. The form is very short and easy to fill out, but I was wondering about the additional information section. They leave you a rather large blank area to add any additional information that you would like them to know concerning your app, etc.
This is very open-ended and I don't know where to go with this. I don't have anything strange trends in grades that need to be explained or anything. Can anyone who has already completed this secondary let me know what they think about this section?
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

This was the section that I used to clarify my hospital experience. I am a medical technology major, and part of my program is to spend 200 hours a semester in the hospital lab. This isn't volunteer or paid, so I wanted to clarify. That is pretty much all I used it for, and I am interviewing there on the 26th. So it couldn't have been too wrong. I just wouldn't put anything like a personal statement on that section because they specifically say not too. That's all I can think of so, good luck with all your apps!!
Kappa

i stated why i was impressed/would like to attend DMU. I also wrote about how much i was looking forward to the interview, seeing the school and meeting the students first-hand. I interviewed and was impressed but will be attending a different school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think that I will clarify that the classes I took at a community college were actually dual enrollment while I was a high school student. The aacomas application doesn't allow you to specify this, and I feel that it is important.
Thanks for your help!!

I didn't write anything in this section. I just left it blank--I didn't have anything special to write that wasn't included in my AACOMAS app.