Question about EK Biology book...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nma

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I went on B&N online to purchase this book but the review i read wasnt so gr8...the person said the book covers 70% of anatomy and phys...which isnt majorly covered on the mcat. I do intend to take the EK prep. course on march 22 in preparation for the May 31st exam...but i need to start reviewing before hand...i already am review physics and chem.

Could u guys pls. recommend n e good Biology prep. text for me?

thnx alot.

Members don't see this ad.

I went on B&N online to purchase this book but the review i read wasnt so gr8...the person said the book covers 70% of anatomy and phys...which isnt majorly covered on the mcat. I do intend to take the EK prep. course on march 22 in preparation for the May 31st exam...but i need to start reviewing before hand...i already am review physics and chem.

Could u guys pls. recommend n e good Biology prep. text for me?

thnx alot.

EK Bio covers the same physiology which is typically covered in an intro biology course.

I would recommend going over the official list of topics to cover the things that are missing. If I remember correctly, there aren't too many gaps, but you never can be too sure.

I only used the Examkrackers books for the MCAT, aside from a semester of bio I took maybe 9 years ago and I got a great bio score. I used the list of topics from the AAMC website to make sure everything was covered, I think I might have looked up two phrases just to check and they weren't on any of the practice tests or the actual test (and honestly are a little too advanced and complicated to work on a MCAT type test anyway).

I thought they covered everything that appeared on my test, I felt confident about it all. That being said, I'm done with my set if you're interested.