1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about expressing ranking

Discussion in 'Dental Residents and Practicing Dentists' started by Taurus, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Taurus

Taurus Paul Revere of Medicine
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I'm asking for a friend who is a D4 and interviewing for a GPR.

Is it allowable to tell a program that you plan to rank them #1?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DrTacoElf

Dentist 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I think its one of those things you can do as an applicant but as a program they are not supposed to discuss ranking directly with you.

4. DDS2BE

DDS2BE Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    well, not sure, I have been asked by admissions how their program is ranked on my list. I think the ones that participate in MATCH can ask those questions. At least in my case.

5. Guy Smiley

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Fro the Match site:

"Programs and applicants may freely discuss any matter and may express a high level of interest in each other. However, programs must not disclose to any applicant or solicit from any applicant information regarding specific ranking intentions. Also, applicants must not request information on how any participating program intends to rank any applicant. The Rank Order Lists submitted by each program and applicant are the sole determinants of their respective order of preferences for the Match."

So I think you could tell a program how you plan to rank them, but they cannot ask how you plan to rank them, and you cannot ask how they will rank you.