Taurus

Paul Revere of Medicine
15+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
I'm asking for a friend who is a D4 and interviewing for a GPR.

Is it allowable to tell a program that you plan to rank them #1?

DrTacoElf

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2004
www.garyseeba.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'm asking for a friend who is a D4 and interviewing for a GPR.

Is it allowable to tell a program that you plan to rank them #1?
I think its one of those things you can do as an applicant but as a program they are not supposed to discuss ranking directly with you.

DDS2BE

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 26, 2004
www.facebook.com
Status
Dentist
I think its one of those things you can do as an applicant but as a program they are not supposed to discuss ranking directly with you.
well, not sure, I have been asked by admissions how their program is ranked on my list. I think the ones that participate in MATCH can ask those questions. At least in my case.

Guy Smiley

10+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Fro the Match site:

"Programs and applicants may freely discuss any matter and may express a high level of interest in each other. However, programs must not disclose to any applicant or solicit from any applicant information regarding specific ranking intentions. Also, applicants must not request information on how any participating program intends to rank any applicant. The Rank Order Lists submitted by each program and applicant are the sole determinants of their respective order of preferences for the Match."

So I think you could tell a program how you plan to rank them, but they cannot ask how you plan to rank them, and you cannot ask how they will rank you.

About the Ads