Thinking about endo- advicd

Started by Tatu78
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Tatu78

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m a 2023 grad highly considering endo. I’ve done enough in private practice to want to pursue it further. I’m slowly realizing that I don’t like general or the idea of marketing treatments to patients. I work as an associate, and do decent, but I don’t think I’ll survive much as I don’t produce as much as my colleagues- being conservative works against me and I really hate selling treatment and will definitely not recommend more than what I think is right for the patient. The alternative is to open a practice, but just from my last point I feel like I would either set myself up for failure or just be doing hygiene.

But of all the procedures I’ve done, I really enjoy endo. I would enjoy to do the difficult cases as well. And definitely less selling and more treating patients in pain.
I’m currently two and a half years out, was actually right in the mid 50% of my class in terms of rank- gpa ~3.6-3.7 I can’t recall for certain.

I wanted to some input and advice on where I can start and what I should be doing.

I plan on shadowing some endodontists near me and take more endo ce courses.

Should I take the ADAT?

Any and all advice is appreciated.

Thank you.