question about financial aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AbujaMan

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i was accepted to a school a bit ago (and submitted fafsa)_ and theyve sent me my financial aid statement about a month or so ago. They want me to fill out some preliminary info in order to be able to get the loan and also let them know how much i want to take from each type of loan. NOTE- i did not receive any scholarships, just the basic federal loan stuff.

two problems:
1- im still holding on to a couple of waitlists that I would very possibly go to over this school
2- im not yet sure how much exactly i want to take out. i am still working out with my parents how much they would support me.

they say that I until i complete all the documents I cant get the loan but gave no information about when they needed the stuff in by. since i didnt get any scholarships, is there any need for me to follow through with the financial aid stuff? Could i wait until late June when its more definite that I will be attending?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I'd first call the school's Fin Aid office to check on any potential "due date". Most schools that I know can safely have your information in as late as early July.