Technology Question about Flash Player

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chocolate Bear

Moderizzle Fo'Shizzle!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Take this site for example:

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/

If you right click on this image within the link above...

2lbf22u.png

...you can click "zoom in."

3354kkw.png

However, you lose most of the picture because the frams stays stationary, while the image is magnified, thus forcing you to click and pan around.

My question is is there any possible way to get a magnified, *working* version of this flash box while being able to see the whole picture?

If the answer is surely a NO, then perhaps all is not lost if you know of a decent sized, highlightable US map, wherein you can select multiple states that become a different color/shade as the unselected portion.

Members don't see this ad.

You can run the main SWF file for the applet/program you want to use in a standalone flash player or directly in a new tab/window. Since most flash files are composed of vector graphics they should scale without trouble in a larger space.

If you could actually link to what you are talking about it would be easier to help you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nice! Was that just hidden somewhere?
Just in the source for the page. If you are running Firefox or something like that, on any given website, you can see its guts just by right clicking and selecting "View Page Source" or something similar. Any time you want to run a flash applet at full window/full tab, just access it directly. You can always tell which files referenced in the page's source code are flash files as they always end in SWF. If it is a self-contained (doesn't require access to an online data source to function) flash applet you can actually download the SWF file to your desktop and run it on your local system without even having an internet connection.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just in the source for the page. If you are running Firefox or something like that, on any given website, you can see its guts just by right clicking and selecting "View Page Source" or something similar. Any time you want to run a flash applet at full windows/full tab, just access it directly. You can always tell which files referenced in the page's source code are flash files as they always end in SWF.

Yeah, I'm running Safari and have done that a few times on other pages, but never for this purpose. Even if I had, I wouldn't have known the location of the full size flash applet from the location given in the source.

Thanks for teaching me something new. :D