question about getting in...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theilleztpaki

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello. i have a question.. Im a sophmore at college.. My GPA is around 3.4 now.. By the time i graduate i estimate my GPA would be 3.6, with science around 3.5.. So my question is that is this a good GPA in getting accepting into dental school, without looking at the other info( DAT score, volunteer....)
Thanks for ur help in advance...

Members don't see this ad.

hello. i have a question.. Im a sophmore at college.. My GPA is around 3.4 now.. By the time i graduate i estimate my GPA would be 3.6, with science around 3.5.. So my question is that is this a good GPA in getting accepting into dental school, without looking at the other info( DAT score, volunteer....)
Thanks for ur help in advance...

A 3.5 sGPA is above average for some schools, as is a 3.6 overall GPA.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone else has an opinion? I appreciate it.

Well, I'm assuming that you'll apply to dental schools around the end of junior year and the start of senior year, so your senior grades won't be included (if you do). Just wanted to let you aware of that too.

Like Blarelli said, a GPA of around 3.4+ with a sGPA of 3.4+ is what I believe to be the average for the total GPA of admitted applicants.
So to some schools, those may be exceptional, mediocre, or poor statistics. Mostly depends on which school you're aiming for.
So if you're around there, you should be in good shape. Just make sure you do decent on the DAT and have some experience in the dental field.:laugh:

And also, do something that makes you STAND OUT from the other thousands of applicants, because if you just have the same stats as others students, admissions may just ignore you. You have to sell yourself to them, show them why your special.
Peace and Good Luck!

(I'm a soph too, but much lower sGPA haha. Guess I need the leck more than you:oops:)

Get as much volunteer experience and shadowing as possible then you are golden. Nearly guaranteed to at least one school (if you apply 15) :)

Unless you are very spectacular, more or less you are going in a lottery. Some times you get lucky sometimes you don't !