Question about Tulane 1 year MS Cell and Molecular Masters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mongoose/1111

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Guys,

I'm very new to this platform. I am a recent first gen graduate who plans on entering health professional schools (dental school); however, because I have academic setbacks (GPA was the problem, which I had like 3.2-3.3 and a low science GPA with repeats in classes), I decided to pursue a master's program before entering dental school hoping that I can do well. I took cell bio, organic chem, genetics, physics, and a couple of hard sciences, but I felt like I can do better. My mindset was just "Passing the class" or "taking pre-requisites as a requirements" throughout undergrad which was quite a naive approach on my end. I also overcommitted with extracurricular as well. (i.e. Dental assistant, research, volunteering, etc).

I want to know what the 1 year MS Cell and Molecular Biology is like, how it is structured, and what your experience in the program.

Thank you for reading this thread 🙂