question about grades

ndnutmeg

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, I was wondering...I took two semesters of general chemistry at a community college during high school and received an A for both semesters...but my university wouldn't accept the credit because they are jerks and don't accept community college credit. So I had to take the course again at the university, which was infinitely harder with the content and the competition, and got a C+. When I am calculating my science GPA in my applications, will they let me factor in the A's from my comm college class, or will I have to use the C+ from my university class? If anyone knows, please let me know. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Usually universities will not allow you to take your major courses at a community college. With that being said, you should ask the schools you are applying to if your pre-req courses need to be taken on the university level. Despite the grade, you may have to use the grades you got for chemistry at the university, but if you took classes at the cc that were like statistics, or psychology, or speech (basically non-science courses) then you can use those.

ndnutmeg said:
Ok, I was wondering...I took two semesters of general chemistry at a community college during high school and received an A for both semesters...but my university wouldn't accept the credit because they are jerks and don't accept community college credit. So I had to take the course again at the university, which was infinitely harder with the content and the competition, and got a C+. When I am calculating my science GPA in my applications, will they let me factor in the A's from my comm college class, or will I have to use the C+ from my university class? If anyone knows, please let me know. Thanks

ndnutmeg said:
So I had to take the course again at the university, which was infinitely harder with the content and the competition, and got a C+. W

looks like your school was wise in not letting your credits transfer

most schools want all college transcripts so your cc grades wil at least be shown somewhere, you might want to mention in your personal statement how better you do in a smaller class enviorment (the best part of cc's! and thue usual for optometry school)

still_confused said:
looks like your school was wise in not letting your credits transfer

yeah, the class at the community college was a joke...and i am not good at science....so yeah, anyway, thanks for the comment