Question about graduating during the application process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DR. BTE

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Everyone stresses the importance of applying early, but AADSAS is released around the time I am graduating (I am taking a year off before going to dental school to work and backpack). But, my university takes 10-12 weeks (from graduation) to process the transcripts and change it to say that i graduated and earned my degree.
What should I do in order to apply as early as possible?
-submit AADSAS early and declare this last semester as "in progress" and that i plan to graduate in May '06?
or
-declare that I graduated, enter my final grades for the semester on the application (after I hear back from my professors), then submit the application and have my transcripts sent about 3-6 weeks after graduation--although it will not say that i graduated.
or
-wait the 10-12 weeks and then have them sent to AASAS?

I would appreciate any input.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I would talk with someone in the registrar's office, explain your situation and see if there is anyway to accelerate your transcripts being prepared. Maybe a pre-dent advisor could help you if you can't make any headway. If that doesn't work, I would go ahead and submit your app with the incomplete transcript and then have your final transcript mailed to all of the schools where you applied. Good luck.