Question about HPSP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ddsshin

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I applied for both AF and ARMY HPSP. My recuiter told me that AF 4 yr is gone and there are still ARMY 4 yr. My question is: I got accepted from NYU, but I am waitlisted for UOP. I know I can get 4yr HPSP for NYU, but if I go to UOP, I don't think I can get 3 yr HPSP because they ran out. So my question is can 4 yr HPSP cover for UOP???? Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I applied for both AF and ARMY HPSP. My recuiter told me that AF 4 yr is gone and there are still ARMY 4 yr. My question is: I got accepted from NYU, but I am waitlisted for UOP. I know I can get 4yr HPSP for NYU, but if I go to UOP, I don't think I can get 3 yr HPSP because they ran out. So my question is can 4 yr HPSP cover for UOP???? Thank you

Unfortunately no... they won't let you have a 4 year HPSP for a 3 year school... I would take the NYU acceptance and the 4 year HPSP...up to you though bro.

Do a quick search for your answer. This has been discussed multiple times over the last couple of years. I was under the impression that you can take a 4yr for UOP.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just look at the last 10 posts on the "Ask an Army Dentist" thread

Just look at the last 10 posts on the "Ask an Army Dentist" thread

Tiankum is correct. Look at the post from USArmyHPSP. The scholarships are not just about the money - it is more about - what year group you are coming into. This may be one of those times when you will have to consider whether you want your education fully paid for with the Army experience, or if you want to graduate 1 yr earlier with a lot of debt and start private practice - don't think there is a 2nd option.