Question about intern orientation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BigNavyPedsGuy

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, my orientation is painfully long (2 weeks plus and extra week for PALS and NRP). I'm expecting this to be a boring series of lectures about a lot of random docuenmnts that start with BUMED, BUPERS, and NAVINST. Are my expectations correct? Or will this be a useful time?

Members don't see this ad.

So, my orientation is painfully long (2 weeks plus and extra week for PALS and NRP). I'm expecting this to be a boring series of lectures about a lot of random docuenmnts that start with BUMED, BUPERS, and NAVINST. Are my expectations correct? Or will this be a useful time?

haven't done a .mil intern orientation, but if its anything like every other .mil meeting that I have been to, it will be death by .ppt

And they will most likely take 2 weeks to cover material that if concisely and thoughtfully put together would take about 2 Days.

General rule of thumb, is that if the .mil does it in a week, it could be done effectively in one day.

i want out

On a related note, when is our first weigh-in / PT test? (I'm USAF). Does it occur as soon as we arrive at our respective locations? If so, that could be bad...

Members don't see this ad :)

It will be boring and it will be painful. There may also be a significant amount of down time to settle other things like CACs and housing. Enjoy it. Looking back, I wish I had gone out more.

yeah it will be boring, and definitely take the time to go out and party with your classmates, cause once your first rotation starts, you'll miss the boring time of orientation. If you recently requalified on ACLS/BLS (ie recertified in May), you might be able to skip those events, which is cool (i did).

yeah it will be boring, and definitely take the time to go out and party with your classmates, cause once your first rotation starts, you'll miss the boring time of orientation. If you recently requalified on ACLS/BLS (ie recertified in May), you might be able to skip those events, which is cool (i did).

They specifically said that we all had to take ACLS at orientation, even if we've already had it. I took it 2 weeks ago.

Do we get weekends off for this orientation?