Question about Jefferson secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ok so Jeff's secondary application is causing me just a little bit of confusion.

One of the questions it asks is:

1. Have you previously applied to Jefferson Medical College?

But then there's no "yes/no" option, or even a spot to write in "yes" or "no." Only a spot to indicate the year you applied, had you previously applied there.

Did you guys (who weren't reapplicants) just leave that entire part blank? Or is there some error in the format on mine and there should actually be a place to indicate yes/no?

The questions following that one pretty much follow the same procedure. It asks a yes/no question, but leaves you no room to answer yes/no.

Members don't see this ad.

I left it blank. You can write "no" if you want. I think adcoms can figure it out either way. Give them some credit.

I wouldnt worry about it, especially since I think they just print out the form to paper once you submit it anyway.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had the same dilemma when I was doing it. If you try to write "No" or "N/A" the final page that lets you review everything will say there's an invalid year in that box. Leaving it blank is your only option.

Did anyone write anything in the "optional" box that limits you to 500 characters? And if so, what kind of things did you write?

Did anyone write anything in the "optional" box that limits you to 500 characters? And if so, what kind of things did you write?

If the secondary is like it was last year, I'd advise you to write the optional essay/short answer question. I remember that the majority of early interview invites for "borderline" applicants went to people who filled out that question... and a lot of the the later invites (post x-mas) went to those who didn't take the time. Show the effort if you're interested!

If the secondary is like it was last year, I'd advise you to write the optional essay/short answer question. I remember that the majority of early interview invites for "borderline" applicants went to people who filled out that question... and a lot of the the later invites (post x-mas) went to those who didn't take the time. Show the effort if you're interested!

What do people write about? I don't really have anything too exciting to talk about that's happened since I've submitted my AMCAS (since that was like two or three weeks ago). Do people usually talk about why they want to attend that school (in this case, Jefferson)?

What do people write about? I don't really have anything too exciting to talk about that's happened since I've submitted my AMCAS (since that was like two or three weeks ago). Do people usually talk about why they want to attend that school (in this case, Jefferson)?

I wrote (very briefly, because of the 500 character limit) about a couple things that Jefferson had that made me a good candidate for matriculation there. Also, I had to make a note about LOR's since I had to do something a little weird, so I split that note and the mini-essay into parts A and B. Kind of weird, I know, but I figured they were both better to have in there than not.

I wrote (very briefly, because of the 500 character limit) about a couple things that Jefferson had that made me a good candidate for matriculation there. Also, I had to make a note about LOR's since I had to do something a little weird, so I split that note and the mini-essay into parts A and B. Kind of weird, I know, but I figured they were both better to have in there than not.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of "weird" thing did you have to do with your LORs? You can PM me if you'd like.

From talking with past applicants at my school, I gather that optional essays like this usually serve as one of two purposes:

1. You can describe what you like about the school and why you want to attend.

2. If you have a weakness that you'd like to explain but haven't explained elsewhere then that can be used for that as well.

BTW offtopic a little bit, but to the OP:

I was reading your profile and I wouldn't worry much about your first 2 years GPA. I'm sure they'll see 3 years of having mostly As not to mention the diverse profile you have and good MCAT score. That 33 will help a lot too. Just get things in early.

can anyone confirm this??